Trees?

SycoSquirl

Im wanting to get a small tree to use to coax my chameleon out of his cage but havent found anything that is fairly sturdy and at least 3 feet tall, does anyone have any suggestions for plants I could use or should I just buy a fake tree to use?

The obvious common ones would be:
-A Dracaena that was left to grow naturally ad not straight up like the ones in stores
-Dwarf Umbrella tree
-Ficus

Not so obvious but harder to grow indoors (Because you would need a dedicated light source for it):
- Birch trees
- Aspen trees
- Citrus trees

Are you looking for a certain branch structure?

I just want something that is high enough off the ground to be next to the cage (which could be solved by a plant stand) and at least some sturdy branches for him to climb out onto without falling
Hes cage aggressive and even when I get him on my hand he grabs other nearby sticks and escapes so anything that a chameleon will go Oh that looks like fun to climb on haha

I know my home depot has dwarf orange trees right now, I could re-pot in organic soil, would that work?

You would probably do better with a ficus benjamina as an indoor tree. Citrus trees would require too much light to do well indoors. I have ficus trees that have lasted for 6 years and counting in some of my chameleon cages. As long as you provide enough water and some decent light in the room a ficus would do well.

Back
Top Bottom