Treatment for mbd help

GabbyGrace

I recently got my first panther chameleon (so excited!) but where I got him from sold him to me and neglected to tell me he had mbd and they were treating him for it. I don't have the best lighting at the moment but will be getting a better system this weekend. I have been taking him outside to get natural sunlight as well as supplying D3 through supplements. My point in this is how long should I be keeping him outside I can't leave him outside for fear of my cats, how often should I give him the D3 vitamin (everything I read gives a different answer) and if anyone has suggestions for lighting or tips to help me treat him? Thanks

chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/ from the care sheet.
"Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks."
An 20-30 minutes up to an hour of sunlight without overheating him should be enough until you get your lights.

We're they treating him on thier own or under a vets instructions?
If on thier own, I would suggest a visit to a vet for a professional exam and recommended treatment.

chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/ from the care sheet.
"Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks."
An 20-30 minutes up to an hour of sunlight without overheating him should be enough until you get your lights.
Thank you so much this really helped me out!

If on thier own, I would suggest a visit to a vet for a professional exam and recommended treatment.
I'm not entirely sure I'm almost positive it was on their own but the only vet in my area who could help with treatment is almost 4 hours away.

I'm not entirely sure I'm almost positive it was on their own but the only vet in my area who could help with treatment is almost 4 hours away.

We can not tell you how often to give a supplement without know exactly what it is your giving him. Post a pic of the bottle.

Attachments

• 15639242105442900656507491752974.jpg
    15639242105442900656507491752974.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 70
You really need to be able to take your cham to a vet, especially if it has D3. There is no getting around vet visits. Just like humans and dogs, reptiles need wellness checks too.

You really need to be able to take your cham to a vet, especially if it has D3. There is no getting around vet visits. Just like humans and dogs, reptiles need wellness checks too.
I plan on it when I can (my car is currently unavailable) at this point though where I got him from had been treating him for the past 7 months and I was told the treatment plan they had used and that he was improving. Plus when i took him back to see what i could do they said he was still improving. I do plan on trying to take him though.

Only use that twice per month. You need a plain calcium and multivitamin as well.

As mentioned above, plain calcium every feeding, calcium plus D3 twice per month, and multivitamin twice per month.

You can also use Repashy calcium Plus LoD as an all in one supplement so you don't have to keep three bottles of powder.

Edit: stupid phone autocorrected LoD to load....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom