Travel?

I am going on a road trip for a week and I asked someone I trust to watch my chameleon during that time. They live about 30 minutes away so I need to bring my chameleon to his house. Do y’all think it’s okay to transfer the whole chameleon enclosure in the car. It is the medium size enclosure so it could fit on the floor in the front seat. Should I leave my chameleon in his enclosure and drive very carefully or should I put him in a carrier container like you would use when taking him home from the store. I have never picked him up so I don’t even know how to get him into the container. I am scared I don’t want to stress him out and hurt/make him sick. Does anyone have any tips?

Its too risky to drive with him in his enclosure. Place him in carrier container. Place some branch in it so he can hold onto something.

Have you considered just leaving your cham at home and having your friend check on them once during the week? That's what I do but all my lights and misting systems are on timers. I also don't have any baby chams.

You could leave him for a week, just put some plastic bottle or can on the top of the cage, like from coffee, make small hole so it slowly drips, fill it before you go and give him plenty food just before you go, and mist him and feed him well right when you comeback. I had female that refused to eat for almost week before she lay eggs, then took her another day to lay the eggs, (a lot of work) and she was fine. Get a huge meal and loooong shower. Mine was panther, not sure what you have but week should be fine, as long as it's not every month lol.

Back
Top Bottom