Transporting Your Cham.

k8shm8

Hello,
I have read over some past forums abour transporting chameleons to the vet. I have an upcoming vet appointment and would love some ideas! I origionally was looking at some bird cages and adding bird perches for him to climb around on but I thought that it was too much light and he would be stressed. I read that a lot of people use shoe boxes so I attempted to make what is pictured below. Its just a cardboard box with some branches. I poked a ton of small holes in it & put a little handle on it. I was also just debating on using a soft carrier for like cats. Any ideas? Suggestione?

C3506497-B9DB-4283-A082-20D64699CF95.jpeg

98DAEC76-F9DB-4EE0-B353-B68ADAEF95FF.jpeg

If the sticks are going through the box you are gold. You just want to make a dark place with low lying sticks that dont roll. They dont need to climb or anything, so the sticks can be 1: above the floor. I use Y branches so they dont roll.

If the sticks are going through the box you are gold. You just want to make a dark place with low lying sticks that dont roll. They dont need to climb or anything, so the sticks can be 1: above the floor. I use Y branches so they dont roll.

I poked holes for the sticks to secure them. I actually found these branches outside and spent like 6 hrs sterilizing them between sanding them, cleaning them, and baking them.

This looks good. The cham will try to go to sleep once its dark so it will just hold on to the branch tight and sit there. As long as you don't shake the box they will be fine. I do something similar for mine.

These are all great ideas. Good luck. Good luck with your lawsuit too getting your money back. Glad you ended up with a new baby.

Back
Top Bottom