Transporting a chameleon

yolobrat

Hey guys :)
Can somebody tell me how to properly transport a chameleon. I assume that it's a big shock to them, but how to make it easier? I'm talking about 100 km distance (an hour of driving)...anyone with experience?

I driven almost 3 hours I had two panther chameleons in glass tanks with the seat belt around them and towels on the bottom and up the sides a little bit and a stable branch they can hold on to that’s important and keep the heat on if it’s cold if you have the option of doin all this it’s just what I did hope it helps.

I driven almost 3 hours I had two panther chameleons in glass tanks with the seat belt around them and towels on the bottom and up the sides a little bit and a stable branch they can hold on to that’s important and keep the heat on if it’s cold if you have the option of doin all this it’s just what I did hope it helps.
Thanks it helps :), but were those tanks like vivariums for them or just some tanks (like bigger fish tank) just to transport them? Because my vivarum is at one city all set up and i will pick up my cham in another city...will ordinary aquarium do? (maybe a little bit stupid question but they are so sensitive and i dont want to do something wrong)

Fish tank should work fine I think just as long as you can put the top on without it falling off or in you don’t want the chameleon pushing it up either. what kind of chameleon is it?

Some people are crazy I ordered a sub adult female ambilobe panther chameleon they shipped her to me in the smallest box and she was in the middle of packing peanuts in a sack with shredded paper she was stuck sideways with no room at all I felt horrible last time I order from them but just don’t do that and you should be ok...

You should be fine as long as the heat works and your not driving aggressively to where he’s getting knocked around as long as he got a good stick or something to hold on to like corner to corner that won’t slide down or flip when he sits on it. All you can do at that point is just hope he just relaxes and hangs out for the ride even if he starts getting worked up just make it a safe place with all I said and all should be fine.

I have a pop up laundry hamper for my guys ($3 at Walmart). I open it up, and zip tie an artificial vine to the sides of it. Then, over the opening on the top I put a towel and use clothespins to hold it in place and prevent escapees. I've traveled 4 hours each way to my vet that way. I place them on the floor of the back seat of my SUV, and make sure that the is the perfect amount of space between the back of the seat in front of them, and the bench seat behind them so they don't tip over.

Back
Top Bottom