Translucent Veiled Babies!

chams1

As I was checking in on the various eggs this morning, I happened to see a little green body fresh out of the egg and resting from her tiring journey. :D

Laid on 12/01/09; incubation time: 7 mos. 8 days at 78 degrees (in the pantry). Hoping to see the remaining 22 when I get home. :)

This particular one looks like a low-end and it is a female. Leave it to a girl to lead the way. :D

View attachment 24915

View attachment 24916

View attachment 24917

Last edited:
Congrats on your new arrivals! They are so adorable newly born, well anytime as a baby! Hope you see all your others soon!

Congrats! You need to take a long drive or 'out of town' trip for the rest to come out ;)

Funny you should say that, Kevin. I went down to Indianapolis for the show there today and came back to #2 (low-end female with a TON of stripes!!) ready to get out of the bin (with a lot of gusto) and #3 barely poking its head out of the pipped egg. :D

Update:

Well, it's been a week now and I have more or less had one emerge per day. Today #7 (of 23) decided to make its grand entrance into the world and what an entrance it was. Up until now, all of them have been low-ends and #7 is an amazing high-end! I couldn't get a picture of him just yet, but his entire head is white and all four legs are either white or white with total translucent coloring!! I am excited to see what comes next....:D

And I might add:

Of the 50 eggs that were laid, several of them died off right away. Initially however, this clutch was separated into 3 groups and I put 2 of them in Hatchrite and one of them in the normal vermiculte which I use for all my cham eggs. I normally just use the hatchrite for most of my gecko eggs because they take much less time to hatch and it generally keeps decent moisture for that long but not as long as what the cham eggs need. But I decided to try it anyway just to see and I had a fresh bag so it was very moist. Ironically enough, the only eggs that are hatching out right now are from those 2 Hatchrite groups and the Hatchrite is all but dried up! :confused:

Last edited:
Well, the eggs took a hiatus from hatching for a couple of days, but then I had an explosion and I was at #12 as of this morning. I only have 2 gorgeous high-ends and the rest are all low-ends (so far), although they have fantastic coloring and striping! This particular clutch is awesome because at any given time since they started hatching, you can see each them at each stage of emerging from the egg. Generally, they come out so fast I can't keep up! Here was #13 when I left this morning:

100_2917.jpg

Congrats Julie;) I bet you are really excited:) I have been told that if you leave a baby that hatched in the container with the remaining eggs..they all start to hatch. Maybe they stimulate each other?

Back
Top Bottom