Top of casque bent.

Graves923

Chameleon Enthusiast
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male Veiled, 8-9 months old. In my care since January 1st, 2017
  • Handling - Once per week to clean the cage.
  • Feeding - Mainly crickets with the occasional superworm and dubia roaches. Tried hornworms with not too much success. All feeders gutloaded with carrots, kale, dandelion greens and sometimes orange slices.
  • Supplements - Using Rep-Cal Calcium w/o D3 every feeding, with D3 twice per month and multi-vit twice per month alternating with the D3.
  • Watering - Pressure sprayer. Spray for 5 minutes atleast 3 times daily with 2 small 2 minute sprays when the cage drys out. Usually see him drink during the morning misting.
  • Fecal Description - Fecal is solid, brown/ dark brown with white to off white urates. fecal test was done last month, no parasites.
  • History - Had a bacterial infection last month. prescribed bayril for 10 days. Infection cleared up and he had a full shed two weeks ago and just shed along his spin this week where the infection had been.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 36x18x18 screen cage. currently finishing a custom 48x36x36 cage build this weekend to have him moved into by the middle of June.
  • Lighting - basking and UVB on a 730am and off at 730pm. reptisun 5.0 UVB replaced in April. Basking is a 60w halogen house bulb replaced in April as well.
  • Temperature - Basking spot on the surface of the branch is 88*F approx. 7 inches from the bulb. Cage gradually decreases in temp down to 68*F at the floor. Lowest over night temp is 68*F. All temps measured with a laser temp gauge.
  • Humidity - ambient household humidity is in the low 40s on cool days but as the summer progresses the humidity will raise. Cage humidity stays around 60% when dry. I currently have 2 sides of the cage wrapped in plastic since it was hard to maintain any kind of humidity through the winter months.
  • Plants - one large pothos. various fake plants throughout the cage. Also has an umbrella plant to freerange on occasion.
  • Placement - located in the dining room of my apartment. Low traffic. top of the cage is approx. 5' above the ground/
  • Location - Coastal, New Jersey

Current Problem - Casque is showing a noticeable bend near the top. He is showing no other signs of MBD or vitamin deficiencies. He has a healthy appetite and strong grip. Very active, and not clumsy.

Hoping for some advice from the experienced keepers out there. Recent photo is below.
Screenshot_20170526-104157.png

Wow, it looks like your on top of everything. Good supplement schedule, lights are up to date and you gut load. I know some grow a little crooked naturally. Is there any chance he had a little crook all along that is more pronounced now that he's grown?
Maybe someone else will know what's up.
He sure is handsome.

Thanks. I noticed it had a slight bend maybe two months ago. I guess I thought it would straighten out a bit haha.

I got all the husbandry info from this forum so I'm hoping it's nothing serious starting. Trying to keep everything per the caresheets and advice from you guys on the forum lol

I think once they start to bend they stay that way. You just don't want to see it bend more or slump. It's good to document it with photos so you have a reference point.

Back
Top Bottom