too much water?

Is it possible for a chameleon to drink too much water???

They can drink too much at one time and possibly aspirate. Chams have fairly small stomachs for their size and no sphincter muscle that closes the stomach off from their esophagus. If they get too full of water it could back up into their throat. But, unless you are forcing them to drink something they usually turn away from the water and stop drinking before that happens.

A well hydrated cham in the correct humidity level will drink what it needs, not more.

so if he does drink too much it will just come right out? Cuz, Mr. Green had a prolapse and didn't drink for 2 days then dank like A LOT... I was scared he might explode lol...so I just turned the dripper off lol

so if he does drink too much it will just come right out? Cuz, Mr. Green had a prolapse and didn't drink for 2 days then dank like A LOT... I was scared he might explode lol...so I just turned the dripper off lol

NEVER turn off their water source if your cham is thirsty! Not possible for them to explode. They know when they are full. What he'll probably do instead is drink until full, wait for his stomach to empty, drink again, more frequently over time. You really want him to keep hydrated to ease the strain on his intestines. One reason chams suffer an intestinal prolapse is dehydration!

NEVER turn off their water source if your cham is thirsty! Not possible for them to explode. They know when they are full. What he'll probably do instead is drink until full, wait for his stomach to empty, drink again, more frequently over time. You really want him to keep hydrated to ease the strain on his intestines. One reason chams suffer an intestinal prolapse is dehydration!

agree.
Let him drink :) dont worry!

Back
Top Bottom