Too much humidity?

I live in south Louisiana and it is very humid here. It has been raining pretty much this entire week. My question is well my female veiled suffer from too much humidity? I have not been spraying the enclosure as much lately because it is just so humid over here. Her urates are fine. They are pretty much all white with a little shade of yellow.

She could get a resporitory infection if it's too humid and cold... if you keep her warm and give her a good basking spot during the day she should be OK. Veileds might like it a bit more dry than panthers... but not much. I think you'll be ok. Make sure her urates are white. if they get yellow or orange you aren't misting enough for her to drink.

Even if its humid she needs to have water to drink. Veileds are tolerant of humidity as long as they are still getting lots to drink, can warm up during the day and its not humid and cold all/most the time.

I have a drip so she gets plenty of water. The temps are fine and she basks normally. I often think every little thing could hurt her so I just ask questions a lot. This is my first cham and I want her to be as happy as possible.

Back
Top Bottom