Too many dubia!!!

lslcronk

Ok this might sound dumb but I have way too many adult males (and females but at least they lay eggs!!) what do you guys do with them?!?! I feel bad just killing them...but my adult cham refuses to eat them, besides the fact that they are too big for him. They are seriously everywhere! :eek:

I take my extra to the local pet store. They feed them to beardies and snakes. I never knew even a small snake would eat a dubia - ugh!!

hahaha i usually give them away. i know people who sell them. or keep them in the cold so they can slow down on the reproduction:D.

Ok this might sound dumb but I have way too many adult males (and females but at least they lay eggs!!) what do you guys do with them?!?! I feel bad just killing them...but my adult cham refuses to eat them, besides the fact that they are too big for him. They are seriously everywhere! :eek:

You coud become the dubia lady an sell to reptile owners everywhere...:D cept fl..

1-- there is no such thing.
2-- sell them/trade them. Forum members love to get a deal, just offer them up.
3-- They are high in protein, maybe you should just make yourself a dubia smoothie in the morning :)

3-- They are high in protein, maybe you should just make yourself a dubia smoothie in the morning :)

a lil off the subject...but dubias smell like ass..im good on an "ass flavored shake"

crickets on the other hand smell like b.o.:D

sushi-bizarre-101.jpg

I will happily give away lots, if you pay shipping

You could trade me several for some silkworm eggs :p
If picky would eat those I would...got any extra hornworms?! I have not gotten him to even try a silk...I have wated a TON of money on feeders...butterworms are a no go as well...currently have 250 superworms he has no interest in either...:mad:

You coud become the dubia lady an sell to reptile owners everywhere...:D cept fl..
Is shipping these things hard? This may be an option...lmao I have SOOO many!
Ummm all I can say to #3 is...ewwww....since you are so into them...what do you do with a cham that refuses them...he used to take them, then he started spitting them out now, walks away. Any thoughts??:confused:

I will happily give away lots, if you pay shipping
Now this is a FANTASTIC idea Laurie!! I have not found too many cham keepers in/near Minnesota!!

Is that all you fed him for a while.? He might of gotten bored.

:(Nope, he had just started trying them then he quit, he ate a few then started spitting them out, now he wont even look at them. He only eats crickets well. I have tried everything - butterworms are a no go, silkworms - nope, superworms I am still trying, he will take hornworms:D...he is really picky! I kept my colony going in hopes that a new cham would eat them, so now I am just over run with adults.

oh jeeze , i didn't know what dubias was at first.. thaught it was a type a species of chameleons :S lol

Back
Top Bottom