Too Hot!

Around my house it is about 80 to 82 degrees F, and when I turn on my chameleon's basking light it could be as hot as 90 to 100 degrees in his cage! What should I do?

Around my house it is about 80 to 82 degrees F, and when I turn on my chameleon's basking light it could be as hot as 90 to 100 degrees in his cage! What should I do?

You dont have to use a basking light, you only need them FOR warmth. if its already warm enough, then dont use it. SIlly

But make sure you use your uvb. it does not produce heat and your cham needs it.

One of the best things about using 2 different lights, one for UVB one for heat, is that you can turn off the heat but keep the UVB. I'm currently putting my heat lights on only for a couple of hours. My husband will turn them off once the house starts to warm up.

One of the best things about using 2 different lights, one for UVB one for heat, is that you can turn off the heat but keep the UVB. I'm currently putting my heat lights on only for a couple of hours. My husband will turn them off once the house starts to warm up.

Does your husband tell you you don't own the electric company when he turns them off? Because that's what my wife tells me. Haha (jk) - with all the money we cham-keepers spend on electric I think we should at least get some company stock, or something! :p

Hubby's willing to leave the lights on. This week, our house has gotten too hot for any additional heat in the chameleons' cages.

I agree with Gabby, that way he can kind of see. My chameleon cages are tucked back away from the windows and one is kind of behind a door, so I leave mine on, I only use 40 watt bulbs though, and I have an ac on in my room constantly during the days.

Back
Top Bottom