Too hot?

So I’ve been trying to get my heat lamp at the right height, I have a 75W halogen light in and the lamp, its at least a foot away from her basking spot, maybe even a foot from the top of her spine to the lamp, her mouth stays open under the heat lamp so I’ve been raising it a lot but idk how much more to raise it..?

And when she comes from underneath the heat her mouth closes is why I think it’s her basking spot is too hot but I can only raise it so high before it’s ineffective too her

Attachments

• 84395B64-04A7-4FD8-979B-ACF4756BD208.jpeg
    84395B64-04A7-4FD8-979B-ACF4756BD208.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 75
Also basking spot too high drop it down about 4-6 inches. Too close to the top and should be that close to the uvb too

Sorry, meant should not be that close to uvb. Chameleon Academy.com has good charts on distances.
Heard, should I put my plant light in the middle and the uvb on the other side of the basking spot, I thought of that but then I feel like my uvb isn’t in the right spot

Yeah that is wht i get basking bulbs only. I also have a dimmer switch on it too for summer. I went through the trial with bulbs too. I always order a pack of two so i have bavk up

Now my plant light gives off heat and i have it hung about 4-5 inches from top and about 4 inches in. Seems to work good for all the plants. First thing you can do right now is rearrange the basking spot. Too close to the top. Unfortunately they dont know if they are burning while basking because they are cold blooded. So it is best to be on the safe side here. Go to chameleonacademy.com and see the charts in setting up your enclosures.

Good glad you dropped it. Also no.lights at night too. And no heater lights like red or blue. They can blind chams.

Back
Top Bottom