Too hot to keep outside?

Jamescoop

So its been heating up here recently, and i want to know if its ok for me to keep my chameleons outside. It gets about 85 during the day, and down the around 65 at night. I have them in the shade, where they will get sun for part of the day, and have been misting every couple hours.

Let me know what you think

In my opinion those temps don't seem to extreme.
Mistings and available shade should make even higher temps okay.

-Brad

I have a aprox. 4month old veiled. I live in the desert of California. I put "Butter" out in his explorium for about an hour or two either weekend mornings ( temps 85 to 95) with a dripper running and a couple good mistings, or in the early evening from 5pm to 7pm. The late afternoon temps are easily 100, but he is in dappled shade with mistings. He LOVES it.

On the weekend when I am off I stick all mine outside for the better part of the day. I have a nice sprinkler thing-a-magie that gives them lots of water to keep them cool and they usually drink a ton which this helps during the weekdays when they are not in a water wonder land...

Oh, and im in the desert too so I know about the heat. :p

Hey Chad,

Do you have pics of your ourdoor setup? I'm a new veiled owner in Las Vegas and would love to take him outside to enjoy some natural UV-B. The setup I got came with an 18" lamp that I'm looking to replace with a Megaray ballasted lamp. The relative dimness of the flourescent and the UV-B filtering of the screen probably amount to him not getting very much exposure in the cage.

I've been trying to design a cage that I could keep outside for him, but it's hard enough trying to keep the humidity up inside the house.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom