New routine plan

Ok so I have had some recent issues with my female veiled cham(she is working through them) and i have decided to get a reptibreeze xl and I have also made a plan to stick with I just need to make sure it will work for my cham ok so-

Heavy misting when I wake up When i get home from school, and when i go to bed with 15 sec auto mistings during the day (every 3 hours)

Feeding every 2 days 2-3 crickets

Every 5th day of the month give 2-3 mealworms as treats

Every 1st and 15th of the month dust food in calcium or close to those days idk if my timing will be right

but anyone who thinks this won't work or needs changed feel free to give you opinions.

Ok so I have had some recent issues with my female veiled cham(she is working through them) and i have decided to get a reptibreeze xl and I have also made a plan to stick with I just need to make sure it will work for my cham ok so-

Heavy misting when I wake up When i get home from school, and when i go to bed with 15 sec auto mistings during the day (every 3 hours)

Feeding every 2 days 2-3 crickets

Every 5th day of the month give 2-3 mealworms as treats

Every 1st and 15th of the month dust food in calcium or close to those days idk if my timing will be right

but anyone who thinks this won't work or needs changed feel free to give you opinions.
Can you refresh my memory about the age of your girl?

Heavy misting when I wake up When i get home from school, and when i go to bed with 15 sec auto mistings during the day (every 3 hours) It would be better to give a good 2 minute misting early in the morning around the time that lights go on and then right before lights go off in the evening. If needed, you could give a shorter 1 minute misting mid day. The problem with 15 seconds is it isn’t nearly long enough. Chams are usually triggered by dripping water and that isn’t long enough for much water to accumulate on the leaves. Also, every 3 hours is too frequent and not giving the enclosure time to dry out. All it will be doing is increasing the humidity, which isn’t good to do when temps are hot. You’ll increase risks for respiratory infection.

Feeding every 2 days 2-3 crickets This is kind of ok. Definitely don’t want to overfeed her, but this may not be quite enough. Also, variety is needed. I give all of my chams 3-4 feeders 3 days a week, plus treats. Making sure your feeders are well fed is also very important - healthy bugs are nutritious bugs. Lots of the on line feeder vendors sell variety packs, which are great!

Every 5th day of the month give 2-3 mealworms as treats Let’s do a bit better than this. Instead of mealworms, you could try a variety of other treats. Wax worms, hornworms, superworms are all great treats and very well loved by chams. You could also give 1-2 of them once a week, depending on size. Attaching the feeder graphic for you.

Every 1st and 15th of the month dust food in calcium or close to those days idk if my timing will be right You should be dusting lightly every feeding with a phosphorus free calcium without D3. One feeding every other week (or on the 1st & 15th if you prefer) you’ll need to use a good combo multivitamin/D3 - I suggest Repashy Calcium Plus LoD or ReptiVite with D3 (read the label to make sure it is the one with D3).

IMG_0151.jpeg
IMG_1188.jpeg

You said,"Every 1st and 15th of the month dust food in calcium or close to those days idk if my timing will be right."

It is suggested to dust all feedings with calcium(without D3) except on the 1st and 15th dust with calcium with D3.

Back
Top Bottom