Toenail ?'s

luvbug237

I have a couple of questions. I'm noticing on my almost 3 year old Jackson that he is starting to lose his toenails. He has pretty much all of them in the front but his back (inside) ones are completely worn down, most likely from climbing on the screen walls? They don't look infected or puffy or anything :confused: I tried to research this before I posted and a few people asked the state of the toe. They seem pretty darn normal, other than no toenail.

My second thought here in my one year old panther. On year and 23 days to be exact! HIS feet are all soft and squishy lol he has tiny tiny soft nails. Pretty much non existent... A couple not long at all and I can't feel them when he walks on me. He is a very active boy and he seems to have issues climbing on the walls.
Is this because he is only one year old? His nails haven't really grown in yet or should he have nails like an adult?? I just want to make sure he isn't missing a vitamin or something!

I do give both of them vitamins with D3 once every two-three weeks.
Thanks!!! :)

I wish I could help! I know how frustrating is when nobody responds...
I'm not familiar with panthers but I heard their feet are very soft. I hope someone can help you!

Its from them gripping/grabbing the screen... You can put plastic snow fencing inside of the cage to deter the nails from getting into the tiny holes from the screen.

Back
Top Bottom