Veiled Chameleon - lump.

Palinko1337

So Zeus, my veiled got this lump or what should I call it pretty long time ago.. It started small but got this big. No change in his behavior. He eats, drinks, climbs all over the apartment.. You get what I mean. He's pretty old btw. Anyone knows what this is, why is it etc.?

received_2198664773809145.jpeg

Hi. The top part looks a bit like a papilloma to me. It could be that, a cyst or a tumor-like growth. Your vet could biopsy it to find out. Does it seem to bother him at all? How old is he? How long has it been there?
Hi, thank you for your fast reply. No thankfully, it doesn't bother him at all. Hard to tell, I adopted him two years ago and he was around 3, 3 and a half years old. So he should be more than five. It's been there since end of 2023's summer. It has grown since then but stayed this size. Our "amazing" vet told us it's nothing it comes out for them with age. I don't really believe that so I asked your guys help..

I agree with @MissSkittles. If papilloma and you have other reptiles or plan to get another when he passes someday you would want to have a diagnosis. Papilloma is very contagious reptile to reptile.
Could be a cyst or tumor as well. Regardless you want a real reptile vet to biopsy this to know for sure. Then you would know next steps. Papilloma you normally will see multiple spots though so if it is just this one then I am leaning towards tumor or cyst.

Let us know if you need help finding a reptile vet. Just add your city and state. @elizaann2 can you post your vet list as well?

Back
Top Bottom