Toe Issue

Update

Here is an update of his toe area. I have been cleaning it and applying a liquid bandage. I think it's time for a Vet visit. I can't really tell if its getting better.
P1000852.jpg

Wow! Are you cleaning it with an antiseptic first and then you apply the liquid bandage? I would try that before seen a vet. Does he climb around the mesh of his cage often?

Wow! Are you cleaning it with an antiseptic first and then you apply the liquid bandage? I would try that before seen a vet. Does he climb around the mesh of his cage often?

That's what I've been doing but I'm not seeing improvement. He moves all around the cage and eats like a pig. Nothing had really changed other than this toe thing.

Update

Took him to the vet today. He took a good look at him and said the area was not getting blood circulation. He said it could have been trauma to the area or a bad incomplete shed. He prescribed Metronidazole. He might lose his nail or the area around it, depending on how things go...the Vet said he will most likely lose his nail. It all depends on the exact area affected and what the medication can do for him. Not life threatening, but a big concern with respects to mobility. I hope things work out for the best and the least amount of damage was done.

My cham lost a nail and I never even knew how it happened. I never noticed any damage to his foot though like yours. Just one day I looked and the nail was missing! hope everything works out for your guy!! Keep us updated.

My cham lost a nail and I never even knew how it happened. I never noticed any damage to his foot though like yours. Just one day I looked and the nail was missing! hope everything works out for your guy!! Keep us updated.

Did it ever grow back?

My Male Veiled lost quite a few of his nails, i reckon he done it all in about a week, as i checked on him he had about 4/5 missing the next week:eek: so i cladded the sides.

it all happened when he went into his Reptibreeze, he is a real bad screen climber, but has settled down alot, he seems to climb around fine, although annoying he has lost them,

Good luck with him,:)

No it never grew back! It is on the foot where they only have the two toes so it kinda looks weird! I guess if it gets damaged below a certain point, then they do not grow back. It is just strange that I never saw any blood or trama, because there had to have been something that happened to rip it out. He was pretty young when it happened. I am assuming he caught it caught on the mesh of the cage.

No it never grew back! It is on the foot where they only have the two toes so it kinda looks weird! I guess if it gets damaged below a certain point, then they do not grow back. It is just strange that I never saw any blood or trama, because there had to have been something that happened to rip it out. He was pretty young when it happened. I am assuming he caught it caught on the mesh of the cage.

yeah, my little guy is about 3.5 months right now. I would have never noticed it, a member here noticed it in a pic i posted. the vet said the area that looks bad is the one where the nail is produced. so if the area doesn't get better, he will lose it forever.

My Male Veiled lost quite a few of his nails, i reckon he done it all in about a week, as i checked on him he had about 4/5 missing the next week:eek: so i cladded the sides.

it all happened when he went into his Reptibreeze, he is a real bad screen climber, but has settled down alot, he seems to climb around fine, although annoying he has lost them,

Good luck with him,:)

Mine is also a very clumsy climber. freaks out and stuff when i get near.

Back
Top Bottom