To Fix a Prolapse

studio2eight

I thought I would share this bit of advice I received from my mom.

I had a bunch of Jackson's born, but one had a prolapsed rectum. I didn't think he was going to make it, but my mom told me to mix warm water with salt, and soak his bum in it. Guess what? It sucked back in and he's acting completely normal, eating and all.

It also works with other prolapses and animals. It has saved a cats life as well.

Just wanted to share!

Prolapse question

My female had a prolapse while we were out of town it was large and dry by the time I was able to get it back in. She's drinking water but seems a little bloated. I've been misting her often but I wonder if I should bath her everyday for a little while and if there's anything I can give her to fight any infection.
Thank you

My female had a prolapse while we were out of town it was large and dry by the time I was able to get it back in. She's drinking water but seems a little bloated. I've been misting her often but I wonder if I should bath her everyday for a little while and if there's anything I can give her to fight any infection.
Thank you

You need a vet.
If it was dried out, a vet may need to remove it.

and if its infected, you need a vet to prescribe meds.

You need a vet.
If it was dried out, a vet may need to remove it.

and if its infected, you need a vet to prescribe meds.

If it's a female there's nothing to remove. It would most likely be her colon or bladder. I agree a vet visit ASAP.

To the OP. I'm glad to hear your baby is well. My vet always recommends ice cold water for prolapse.

Our vet closes by the time I get off of work we will figure out some way to ger her there it just might have to be over the weekend. Thank you

If it's a female there's nothing to remove. It would most likely be her colon or bladder. I agree a vet visit ASAP.

To the OP. I'm glad to hear your baby is well. My vet always recommends ice cold water for prolapse.

I think I would just have a heart attack on the spot, but what is the procedure you use with the ice water thing??
Cant it just be 'pushed' back in carefully with a finger?

Our vet closes by the time I get off of work we will figure out some way to ger her there it just might have to be over the weekend. Thank you

She may not may it to the weekend and I can only imagine how painful it must be for her.

I think I would just have a heart attack on the spot, but what is the procedure you use with the ice water thing??
Cant it just be 'pushed' back in carefully with a finger?

Stan, it is one of the scariest things ever. That and their tongue hanging out and they can not get it back in.

This is how I was trained to handle prolapse by my vet: Soak in cold water with as much sugar dissolved in the water as you can get. Soak 5 minutes and take out for 5 minutes and apply KY Jelly, then soak 5 more minutes and then take out and apply KY. Continue to do this until either it goes back in on it's own or with help from you or until you get them to the vet. If it's a male with hemipenis prolapse and he doesn't pull it back in on his own or with your help he will probably need it amputated. You can try to help him get it back in after you have soaked it for awhile and the vet will try to get it back in. If it's been out for awhile the chances of him, you or the vet getting it back in are slim and he'll probably need it amputated. They do just fine after the hemipenis amputation. For colon prolapse in males and for females it's much more serious.

Good job buddy, I use warm water and epsom salts. I think I responded to a post about it a couple weeks ago... Anyways, I am glad to seem some of these home remedies being put to good use.

Back
Top Bottom