To bake or not??

with the branches that fit i usually bake em for as long as i can untill they r smelling usually 30-40min at 350 and carol i know what u mean about not fitting, ive got shat from the GF afew times for *cookin branches with half hanging out a partially open oven door*.
*disclaimer*-NOT SUGGESTING YOU DO IT- LOL

I think if you know where your branches come from as I do with mine(right from my huge tree out front) then you are ok on not baking them. If you get them randomly they could be treated with pesticides which I never use. I did scrub them with a brush and some dish soap then I let them dry in the sun. You may have to strip the bark if that could pose a problem peeling off especially getting wet all the time. My branches are just the best from my tree. Really smooth and no bark at all. Check out my thread! https://www.chameleonforums.com/motherload-chameleon-branches-47185/

my neighbor, for some unknown reason, began growing bamboo a few years ago in her back yard and some managed to grow under the fence that borders our yards and is now a few 7-8 feet tall stalks now grow in a corner of my yard, not that it bothers me. Has any one ever used live bamboo in their cage setups, sticking out of thier potted plants/trees so long as the sharp edges are not evident so as to not harm the cham???

I mixed up bleach/water in a large trash can (the kind you put outside for pick up) and soaked the sticks in it for 3 days. Then I soaked them in fresh water for 3 more days and then let them dry in the sun for 2 more days. My branches are hospital steril. LOL.:rolleyes:

my neighbor, for some unknown reason, began growing bamboo a few years ago in her back yard and some managed to grow under the fence that borders our yards and is now a few 7-8 feet tall stalks now grow in a corner of my yard, not that it bothers me. Has any one ever used live bamboo in their cage setups, sticking out of thier potted plants/trees so long as the sharp edges are not evident so as to not harm the cham???

bamboo grows really tall really fast and is capable of growing through human bodies. so it will grow through your screen cage and make large holes. you could trim maybe? but idk if itll just kill the shoot or what.

Back
Top Bottom