Tips to convince mom to let me get another cham/reptile

Honestly, the reality is, if she doesnt want another you're probably not going to get another. Best way would be to get her on board in some way... if she is emotionally invested in the hobby then you stand a fighting chance of getting another.

Parents are pretty smart and can see through the "arguments" about your future or breeder... heck, if I ended up doing half the things I told my parents I'd be an amateur gynecologist by now... TMI? Sorry... but seriously...

Again your best bet is to get her involved but that is not a quick fix to your problem of getting another one.
Lol parents smart, I never experienced that with mine.

I would definitely agree with pacing yourself. I have two reptiles currently and have automated their care as much as I can so it's more just keeping an eye on things than anything else. I'd rather put in more upfront effort so I cut down on long term effort, rather than cut corners so to speak.

I would definitely agree with pacing yourself. I have two reptiles currently and have automated their care as much as I can so it's more just keeping an eye on things than anything else. I'd rather put in more upfront effort so I cut down on long term effort, rather than cut corners so to speak.
I agree with this don’t be like me making your life harder than it needs to be don’t get me wrong I love all my pets but it’s a lot to handle and you may think oh it’s just feeding and cleaning but that cleaning REALLY adds up into a lot of time and maintaining your automation and giving each pet one on one time to make sure they are acting right and are okay it takes up the very limited time I have in my life yet I don’t learn my lesson

I agree with this don’t be like me making your life harder than it needs to be don’t get me wrong I love all my pets but it’s a lot to handle and you may think oh it’s just feeding and cleaning but that cleaning REALLY adds up into a lot of time and maintaining your automation and giving each pet one on one time to make sure they are acting right and are okay it takes up the very limited time I have in my life yet I don’t learn my lesson
I agree but I already have a leopard gecko and a pac man frog along with a panther chameleon I think I could handle another cham as most of their care is setting it up and cleaning

I agree but I already have a leopard gecko and a pac man frog along with a panther chameleon I think I could handle another cham as most of their care is setting it up and cleaning

My limit is around 4 animals. After that i dont have the time to "notice" everything, shed issues, mouth issues, breathing issues, even mold in tanks or someone eating "funny".

When I wanted to get algae, my mom was so dead set on no more lizards.

So I wrote a presentation on why “Three is better than two” and cited all these websites and made valid points.

Sh*ttiest presentation I have ever made, but it worked, and now I have 3 chameleons.

It’s funny too, the chameleon she didn’t want me to get is her favorite. She loves algae so much.

AAB375D0-F4B2-4729-A1F4-57388A1DA625.jpeg

When I wanted to get algae, my mom was so dead set on no more lizards.

So I wrote a presentation on why “Three is better than two” and cited all these websites and made valid points.

Sh*ttiest presentation I have ever made, but it worked, and now I have 3 chameleons.

It’s funny too, the chameleon she didn’t want me to get is her favorite. She loves algae so much.

View attachment 310770

Slide one of one:

"but its a carpet!"

Honestly I have a high limit on animals I can care for. Right now I take care of two animals solely by myself and assist heavily in the care of 8 other animals, and usually I'm the first to notice health concerns. This is while being a double major with a minor at school full time, helping out my family regularly, fixing my vehicle, working 32 hours a week, working towards a Master's and having severe ADHD. Definitely is a good idea to know your limit and how it changes as other area's of your life take up your time. It does become easier if you can simplify and reduce time invested where possible.

Honestly, the only reason I can manage two reptiles by myself is because I've automated their setups as much as possible so I just have to monitor basically. I still have plans to go farther with my chameleon's setup in future to automate the misting system's water reservoir and automate the drainage bucket so the water is reused as a liquid fertilizer for an indoor garden.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom