Tips for my boys cage

image.jpg

So cammo is getting pretty big now and with me being a simi-broke thirteen year old I found this on eBay for 40 dollars. we have already pretty much finished the sanding of it and was just wondering if I could get any tips from experienced enclosure builders. Also we don’t know what kind of screen to get

Last edited:
nice to see a fellow teenager, I'm not too experienced with building cham cages but I would go with plastic mesh, it wont mold like fabric and wont rust like metal. also if you go with metal make sure to waterproof it. also I would recommend a drainage system to ensure that the bottom dosent get completely drenched. also waterproof the wood with a animal safe finish or it will mold.

View attachment 220897
So cammo is getting pretty big now and with me being a simi-broke thirteen year old I found this on eBay for 40 dollars. we have already pretty much finished the sanding of it and was just wondering if I could get any tips from experienced enclosure builders. Also we don’t know what kind of screen to get
Kudos for doing this. Most 13 olds know nothing about anything but social media and couldn't change a fuse!

Looking at where you're up to now, I think it's a great time to sort your drainage out. When that's done then you need to seal all the woodwork so your hard work won't rot.

Good luck with it, you have the basis of a really good setup there.

That should be just fine. One thing though, you need the water to flow to outlet so you may need to try to 'adjust' the base.

ok so if I got some sort of pan that slants down with a hole in the pan to the drainage sink strainer and sealed it so water couldn't get under the pan so the water wouldn't just sit on the wood
btw thank you for you taking some time out of your day to help me

That looks like it will be really nice when you complete it. You could put clear plexi glass on the back and one side so that you don't have overspray on your walls and furniture. They sell this at the hardware store. Pretty light weight at well and you could seal this into your frame so it would not leak. Are you going to remove the wood top and add screen to that to place your lighting on top?
Here are three threads that you might like looking through with different enclosure idea's and a drainage thread as well. There are some fantastic idea's through out and a lot of images to get idea's from. Good luck with your project! :)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/the-official-enclosure-picture-thread.49688/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/official-enclosure-picture-thread-2-post-your-pics.94781/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/drainage-systems-for-cages-get-creative.102038/

how much is plexiglass for around a 3.5hx2w
hmmmm I am gonna say it depends on what stores you have locally I have a few so they compete in price I bought a sheet of it that they cut to size for me for about $40. Now being how you are working on a budget you could also do a shower curtain liner. Alot of people do that as well over their screen.

Back
Top Bottom