Tiny worms

I do not have a Jackson. I have a panther. But the care sheets have more knowledge than me, along with everybody else on this forum.
From what I know, we dust feeders such as crickets that are low in calcium, every feeding, using calcium without Vitamin D, then once every two weeks using calcium with D3, and a multivitamin once every two weeks.
I also use calciworms [black fly larva or Phoenix worms] which have a lot of calcium and do not need dusted. Variety is helpful/necessary. My crickets are gut loaded with veggies and fruits. I do not use meal worms since they offer little in nutrition. But I use superworms that are also gut loaded.

I do not have a Jackson. I have a panther. But the care sheets have more knowledge than me, along with everybody else on this forum.
From what I know, we dust feeders such as crickets that are low in calcium, every feeding, using calcium without Vitamin D, then once every two weeks using calcium with D3, and a multivitamin once every two weeks.
I also use calciworms [black fly larva or Phoenix worms] which have a lot of calcium and do not need dusted. Variety is helpful/necessary. My crickets are gut loaded with veggies and fruits. I do not use meal worms since they offer little in nutrition. But I use superworms that are also gut loaded.
Sweet I have fruit flys
I'm looking for super,horn, and silk worms
I have mill and wax worms now I'm not going to even try with the mill worms bc they make me nervous bv of the Exo skeletons they're very hard and can cause problems in the tummy backing them up and kill them

Yes calcium with no d3. But you use calcium with d3 2× a month
Ok thank you the petstore told me to use the multivitamin every day in the sprayer
The D3 3 times a week
Sticky 1 time a week I was finding a bunch of different things about it on care sheets and the web

Sweet I have fruit flys
I'm looking for super,horn, and silk worms
I have mill and wax worms now I'm not going to even try with the mill worms bc they make me nervous bv of the Exo skeletons they're very hard and can cause problems in the tummy backing them up and kill them
I didn't mean that to come off as rude! My sister has had that problem with her reptiles she had a beardy die from the mill worms

I came home today and found a Jackson chameleon in my terrerium my farther and sister thought it would be nice to surprise me but looking at him actually makes me very sad. He seems very thirsty and he's so strange ????
I came home today and found a Jackson chameleon in my terrerium my farther and sister thought it would be nice to surprise me but looking at him actually makes me very sad. He seems very thirsty and he's so strange ????

"I received a Jackson chameleon today from Repticon I'm not sure of the age
I have sticky tounge with D3 calcium
Multivitamin
And d3 calcium "
You are a very bad liar.... I don't understand why you come up with all these lies from all your posts...

If you just want to get chameleons and disregard for their care, don't ask questions that any website or threads on this website already has answer to.

If you enjoy tormenting animals then don't pretend to care for them.

This is a clear case of animal abuse and neglect.

you some much time to ask questions you already knew or should know since you kept repeating you done research but clearly you didn't.

I am I am, I'm reading them here I get the phamplets from the petstores and I've been reading them
http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Care-Sheets/Lizards/Jacksons-Chameleon/

http://www.jacksonschameleoncaresheet.com/

Do you know anymore. ?
Lmfao those links are first links that pops up when you google "Jackson chameleon care" if you actually "tried" to research them then you should know there lots more and most of time says the same thing. If you can't understand what the care sheet that they offer and still ask same questions then how could you have a degree in anything....

Also all and any petsmart should have powder calcium with and without D3.
Don't say that the workers there told you to use liquid calcium because that would be bullshit...

All I have to say is, if I sound rude then sorry but really I'm not because you don't really care for animals and shouldn't be allow to own any pets from what you've been saying and all the lies that are unnecessary.

Don't you have a heart after what happen with your first chameleon... Don't you think they deserved better care from someone else other than you. I'm being bold and straight forward or I hardly doubt you will do anything to change it

Multivitamin and calcium with d3 are diffrent. You use both TWO times a month
This is INCORRECT for JACKSON'S! Jackson's are a montane species and more sensitive to fat soluable vitamins such as D3. Do not use calcium WITH added vit D3, or the herp multivitamin dusts as often as you would for a veiled or a panther. Use them less often...such as about once a month, not twice.

Please, for the sake of your chameleons DO NOT take pet shop pamphlets, books, or any other advice from pet shops. Ignore what they tell you (or don't even ask them for information in the first place). I think this is why you continue to be confused about what chameleons require. This forum's care information is the best you'll find, and it has been developed over many years by many experienced keepers.

This is INCORRECT for JACKSON'S! Jackson's are a montane species and more sensitive to fat soluable vitamins such as D3. Do not use calcium WITH added vit D3, or the herp multivitamin dusts as often as you would for a veiled or a panther. Use them less often...such as about once a month, not twice.

Please, for the sake of your chameleons DO NOT take pet shop pamphlets, books, or any other advice from pet shops. Ignore what they tell you (or don't even ask them for information in the first place). I think this is why you continue to be confused about what chameleons require. This forum's care information is the best you'll find, and it has been developed over many years by many experienced keepers.
Im sorry, im sorry. Dont want to spread false information. Thank you for correcting me!

I've got to ask... I have a gut load supplement that apparently contains some D3...
I do not use calcium with D3 and only feed the gut load supplement to crickets, not to any of the other feeders.
ilI try to.make crickets 30% of it's diet but it's the thing he eats best.

would you still advise against it?

No worry,Carlton is a very nice person,she is just making sure the info is correct thats all,we all here live n learn.
Very true! I actually dont mind being corrected if I'm wrong. Its part of learning, and I totaly understand about making sure the info is correct!

I was going to post a crabby rant, but I deleted it and choosing not to.

Hailey, please, stop taking advice and reading the "pamphlets" from Petco or wherever.

Get your advice here from REPUTABLE members, meaning, members who have been on this forum for a WHILE.

Read the care sheets ON THIS WEBSITE.

Read the health threads backwards and forwards.

Type in the search bar "Jackson's" and read all those threads too.

Go here, type some info in, and get him to a VET .http://arav.site-ym.com/search/custom.asp?id=3661

All chams need some D3 supplementation, but these days its generally understood that montane species seem to store it more efficiently and it takes longer to metabolize it. They need it less frequently. If they get too much it can cause organ damage.

Carlton, that's not quite correct. They all need D3, but they don't need it out of a bottle. I don't use any D3 out of a bottle ever. I want them to manufacture it themselves from light. I have excellent lights and I have a light meter to make sure my lights are producing sufficient UVB.

I see picture after picture posted here of chameleons with gular edemas that no one seems to notice or comment on. Gular edema is often a response to supplements (and many other serious health issues such as organ failure). I might experiment with a clutch, divide it and feed D3 to half and record my results.

Back
Top Bottom