Tiny worms

Haileybug

my chameleon passed away I've just brought myself to clean her terrerium I noticed tiny worms ???? The vet told me my chameleon had mbd and all 4 of her legs were broken she didn't check her poop or anything all she did was pull her legs said they were broken and gave me calcium to feed her through a syringe. Petsmart told me to bleech everything in the terrerium but I'm ocd about clean so the works are completely freaking me out as I was observing them I got to looking at the calcium that I had left that was already made and noticed tiner worms I fixed the calcium up like I was told to do looked in the syringe and sure enough if I looked hard enough and waiting a bit I saw the tiniest movement. So was my chameleon dying from mbd or parasites ? And HOW do I disinfect the terrarium

It may/probably was a mixture of both. I am not positive about the worms but definitely the mbd combined with the broken legs had a huge factor. Didnt you have her euthanized?

Disinfectant with a 1:10 bleach to water solution. You're cham died from MBD not parasites. I saw the pictures of her mangled, deformed legs. It's quite possible that the worms are simply something else that's started their life cycle after her death and completely unrelated especially since the calcium and her enclosure sat unattended for several days. Plus if she had parasites you wouldn't be finding the worms in the calcium.

my chameleon passed away I've just brought myself to clean her terrerium I noticed tiny worms ???? The vet told me my chameleon had mbd and all 4 of her legs were broken she didn't check her poop or anything all she did was pull her legs said they were broken and gave me calcium to feed her through a syringe. Petsmart told me to bleech everything in the terrerium but I'm ocd about clean so the works are completely freaking me out as I was observing them I got to looking at the calcium that I had left that was already made and noticed tiner worms I fixed the calcium up like I was told to do looked in the syringe and sure enough if I looked hard enough and waiting a bit I saw the tiniest movement. So was my chameleon dying from mbd or parasites ? And HOW do I disinfect the terrarium
It could be fruit fly worms? I had these in my cricket container once...

I'm trying to post a picture I do have fruit flys I had them in there

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 174
Disinfectant with a 1:10 bleach to water solution. You're cham died from MBD not parasites. I saw the pictures of her mangled, deformed legs. It's quite possible that the worms are simply something else that's started their life cycle after her death and completely unrelated especially since the calcium and her enclosure sat unattended for several days. Plus if she had parasites you wouldn't be finding the worms in the calcium.
Ok so I disenfect the actual cage too

I'm thinking they are related to feeders, but the long shot of intestinal parasites could also decrease absorption of nutrition.

Those look like gnat larvae to me, they seem to appear anywhere there's enough moisture.
I agree with you. I'm diligent about cleaning and disinfecting but it's still a constant battle with them in some of my plants. Pesky little buggers

Ok ok do you think it's the reptile carpet holding the moisture and the little bugs that fly around the light laid them should I stop usuing reptile carpet

Back
Top Bottom