Tiny worms

I was going to post a crabby rant, but I deleted it and choosing not to.

Hailey, please, stop taking advice and reading the "pamphlets" from Petco or wherever.

I type out so many posts also, and I usualy end up deleting them too... :rolleyes:

I can't beleive it took someone this long to say "stop looking to Petsmart / Petco for advise" Although they are probably all animal lovers and mean well, they just don't know.

Like the other day I was asking about a new light for my Iguana (this was at an aquarium / reptile store), and the guy at the store takes the light from my hand and starts reading the box in order to answer my question.... FFS I can read, I wanted advice!! :ROFLMAO:

This is INCORRECT for JACKSON'S! Jackson's are a montane species and more sensitive to fat soluable vitamins such as D3. Do not use calcium WITH added vit D3, or the herp multivitamin dusts as often as you would for a veiled or a panther. Use them less often...such as about once a month, not twice.

Please, for the sake of your chameleons DO NOT take pet shop pamphlets, books, or any other advice from pet shops. Ignore what they tell you (or don't even ask them for information in the first place). I think this is why you continue to be confused about what chameleons require. This forum's care information is the best you'll find, and it has been developed over many years by many experienced keepers.
I'm posting pics of my calcium and the sced

Attachments

• IMG_1126.JPG
    IMG_1126.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 97
Carlton, that's not quite correct. They all need D3, but they don't need it out of a bottle. I don't use any D3 out of a bottle ever. I want them to manufacture it themselves from light. I have excellent lights and I have a light meter to make sure my lights are producing sufficient UVB.

I see picture after picture posted here of chameleons with gular edemas that no one seems to notice or comment on. Gular edema is often a response to supplements (and many other serious health issues such as organ failure). I might experiment with a clutch, divide it and feed D3 to half and record my results.
I've read on the gulter with the jacksons

Attachments

• IMG_1106.JPG
    IMG_1106.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 130
This is INCORRECT for JACKSON'S! Jackson's are a montane species and more sensitive to fat soluable vitamins such as D3. Do not use calcium WITH added vit D3, or the herp multivitamin dusts as often as you would for a veiled or a panther. Use them less often...such as about once a month, not twice.

Please, for the sake of your chameleons DO NOT take pet shop pamphlets, books, or any other advice from pet shops. Ignore what they tell you (or don't even ask them for information in the first place). I think this is why you continue to be confused about what chameleons require. This forum's care information is the best you'll find, and it has been developed over many years by many experienced keepers.
Ok the petstores told me to use multi vitamin every 2/3 days a week is this true I read once a month
Then the d3 2-3 times week
Without d3 2-3 times per week
Sticky tounge every day

Ok the petstores told me to use multi vitamin every 2/3 days a week is this true I read once a month
Sticky tounge every day

Read this care sheet, it will answer a lot of the questions you keep asking. There are other caresheets that are more general that you should read also. They are located under the heading "Resources" at the top of the page.

Do not trust the pet store to give you good advice, they usually are only out to sell more products, or have no idea of what chameleons actually need. Their advice can do more harm than good, if you get someone who has no clue.

CARE SHEET FOR JACKSONS: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/

Read this care sheet, it will answer a lot of the questions you keep asking. There are other caresheets that are more general that you should read also. They are located under the heading "Resources" at the top of the page.

Do not trust the pet store to give you good advice, they usually are only out to sell more products, or have no idea of what chameleons actually need. Their advice can do more harm than good, if you get someone who has no clue.

CARE SHEET FOR JACKSONS: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/
I printed ALOT if care sheets but I've been going with this one for maxamillion and I dusted with his multivitamin today Bc I finally found a petstore that knew what it was

I type out so many posts also, and I usualy end up deleting them too... :rolleyes:

I can't beleive it took someone this long to say "stop looking to Petsmart / Petco for advise" Although they are probably all animal lovers and mean well, they just don't know.

Like the other day I was asking about a new light for my Iguana (this was at an aquarium / reptile store), and the guy at the store takes the light from my hand and starts reading the box in order to answer my question.... FFS I can read, I wanted advice!! :ROFLMAO:
You have an iguana ? What kind

We have a Red Iguana. Turbo. My son was 3 when he named him.
Very nice s couple of years ago originally I wanted a blue iguana as my first reptile as did my dad but he got freaked out with how when they get bigger they hit with their tails

Carlton, that's not quite correct. They all need D3, but they don't need it out of a bottle. I don't use any D3 out of a bottle ever. I want them to manufacture it themselves from light. I have excellent lights and I have a light meter to make sure my lights are producing sufficient UVB.

I see picture after picture posted here of chameleons with gular edemas that no one seems to notice or comment on. Gular edema is often a response to supplements (and many other serious health issues such as organ failure). I might experiment with a clutch, divide it and feed D3 to half and record my results.
Merujack posted the answer # 37 in your thread of Calcium for Jackson Chameleons. Please read it, follow it, and you won't need to ask 10 more times. I have felt sorry for the nasty replies, but you just are not reading the answers. An expert replied, then you asked again. Btw, I do not see powdered Calcium without D3 in your picture. Merujack gave a perfect answer so go back and read it please.

Return those and get calcium with NO d3 or phosphorus. You can use the reptivite with d3 but I would return that also and get the NO d3. If you keep using all that crap your probably going to overdose and montaine species are very sensitive to overdose.

Read the damn care sheets from THIS site not Petco. I really hope this guy lives for you but you need to change a lot of things.

If it were me to make it easy you should just get repashy LO d calcium plus and use every other day.

Good luck

Last edited:
I printed ALOT if care sheets but I've been going with this one for maxamillion and I dusted with his multivitamin today Bc I finally found a petstore that knew what it was

Don't print them, READ them. A lot of caresheets online are garbage. READ the ones here and follow them. I can't believe that you've bothered read them, with the questions you keep asking. I can't make it any easier for you, I gave you the darn link for it.

If you keep depending on your local pet stores for info, I doubt you're going to have a better outcome than that of your last chameleon....

Sticky tounge every day

WHY ARE YOU STILL LISTENING TO THIS PETSTORE CR*P???? We keep telling you this dusting schedule is not correct for any cham species. We keep telling you the pet store and many website care information is wrong. We keep giving you the best caresheet information that will keep your jackson's alive, but its like beating a dead horse. or ultimately a dead chameleon. So very sad. :(
Mods, this thread is justification for adding a "beating a dead horse" smilie.

I'm starting to think the education needed to become a marine biologist is at a very low level... Either that or someone told a lie about being one...

Forget the petstore advise, forget everything! Just follow the caresheet on THIS SITE to the letter.

I just want to get this straight for the record. The person at the pet store, whom we have told you to not listen to, sold you two calcium supplements WITH D3 in them? And you actually paid real money for them????? Like you bought the same thing twice? Even though we said Jackson's are sensitive to D3?

I just want to get this straight for the record. The person at the pet store, whom we have told you to not listen to, sold you two calcium supplements WITH D3 in them? And you actually paid real money for them????? Like you bought the same thing twice? Even though we said Jackson's are sensitive to D3?
But the one did have a picture of a Jacksons on it

Ok, you need to dust your crickets EVERY FEEDING with calcium powder WITHOUT D3. TWICE a month dust your crickets with Herpt. Multivitamin and Calcium WITH D3 but NEVER together/at the same time/mixed. Feed your crickets Carrots/Dinosaur Kale (cheapest gut load veggies in my opinion) and keep a wet sponge in their container as well (I use a 5 gallon aquarium with a screen/metal mesh cover) Spray your chameleon AT LEAST 3 times a day for as long as it takes for him to start lapping up the water, as well as a dripper system that is dripping water 24/7 365 days a year. I recommend a hibiscus plant. Mine has thrived very well indoors. As well as some fake plastic non toxic sturdy vines. I've never had to replace the hibiscus, maybe I have a really good UVB light. LIGHTS: NEVER have lights on all/most of the night. I turn mine on when I wake up (usually 10am depends on the day) and I turn them off at 10pm. I like to keep the times even. Have at least one UVB and a heat bulb. Take your Cham outside every now and then its good for them. I do it once a week.

Back
Top Bottom