Time to upgrade

Good news everyone!

I have managed to spot 4 different isopods in the enclosure over the past two days. One was close to the biggest the dairy isopods can get. So it seems like they have established themselves, but I still am going forward with the colony in case I have a crash occur. If everything goes alright, I'll have four bloodlines in the dairy cow isopod population in the bioactive setup.

Well I am a little late posting this. I've been busy with university classes starting up again, vehicle issues, family issues and trying to get a good plan in place to achieve my future. I am investing in my future though by building this bioactive enclosure and ensuring my first car can go the distance by fixing the issues it does have and preserving the car to the best of my ability. Also I've learned that I need to trust myself more that I know what to do, could have saved myself $2400. Oh well, life is one huge lesson and honestly if you stop learning, you aren't improving.

On to the update! Chandler is officially moved in! I will post pictures once I wake up in the morning. I did end up losing the bromeliad and one of the spider plants, but that is fine as they will be food for the massive cleanup crew. And tonight I spotted three isopods and two of them were mating! Honestly I'm surprised how well it has turned out, I was fully expecting it to not establish itself and stabilize.

Good news everyone!

I have managed to spot 4 different isopods in the enclosure over the past two days. One was close to the biggest the dairy isopods can get. So it seems like they have established themselves, but I still am going forward with the colony in case I have a crash occur. If everything goes alright, I'll have four bloodlines in the dairy cow isopod population in the bioactive setup.
Its so funny when I read this stuff & I have an idea but at the same time I have no effin clue what bugs people are talking about. Your guy's knowledge is incredible.... & gross. Lol ♡

Well as promised, here is the entire setup, including the most recent addition of a temperature control system for the basking spot. I don't think I can do any more upgrades past this point now.
16319165931516269586533287168269.jpg

This should be the last update on this post. So after talking to the builder of the enclosure I have, if anyone is interested in acquiring one themselves, contact Cornel's World Terrariums and mention my name.

This should be the last update on this post. So after talking to the builder of the enclosure I have, if anyone is interested in acquiring one themselves, contact Cornel's World Terrariums and mention my name.
Can I ask how much ?

Pretty expensive. But you're enclosure looks amazing. So it looks like it's well worth it. There's already enough humidity in my area. Where I wouldn't be able to have it that closed off. Otherwise that's a sweet a** cage I would look into lol

Pretty expensive. But you're enclosure looks amazing. So it looks like it's well worth it. There's already enough humidity in my area. Where I wouldn't be able to have it that closed off. Otherwise that's a sweet a** cage I would look into lol
They can actually build it with more screen. I requested the design it has because I live in a drier climate, I think around 30% average humidity is where I live. And getting it built with more screen would actually drive down the cost. I only know because I was involved from start to finish in the design of the enclosure. Basically by contacting them and mentioning me, it tells them that you're looking for the ability of breaking down the enclosure into the panels, so the base design. They can easily adapt it to make it have more screen than what I have on mine but still make it so it can be taken apart if required.

Well, I did a thing and got a programmable LED plant light. The isopods have definitely established themselves now as I've seen over 20 of the babies so far. Also had to add in some more leaf litter as the cleanup crew is starting to make quick work of the initial leaf litter layer.
20211118_140202.jpg

Back
Top Bottom