Time for the move???

Shaunny

So the misses said today that Trevor has been scratching at the cage all day and has looked unsettled for the last few days. he keeps climbing in unusual places and all over the background etc. i got his free range plant and put it in front of the viv and he nearly jumped out onto it! never seen him want to come out so fast.......is it time to move him into his bigger screen cage????

How big is he now? Any recent pictures? He is probably ready to move up but I have never had them scratching to come out. Are all temps fine?

ill get one in a bit the misses is cleaning lol.

well i have been trying a few different bulbs because the basking temp was only about 80 and he seemed to be dull a lot and not really doing much (still eating etc). so i got a 70w house bulb which is the equivalent of 94w but lower energy and that took the basking spot up too 87-89 and he changed dramatically in colour and basked so much more. i though that was a little too hot as i read its better increase the temp over time. i went to a 60w and the spot was about 84-85 and he went back to how he was, so i put the bigger one in and low and behold he was straight back too his bright colours again and basking on and off all day.

the cool end is 75-76. i got a big dripper as it works better than the one i had made. The humidity is around 50% at lowest since having the drain and dig dripper and gets right up to 80-85 when misted. he is misted for a min of 3 mins 3 time a day with a 2lt pump spay bottle.

When i put the plant in front of the viv with the door open he ran off his basking spot and was like air waling with his front feet as he couldnt reach the branch lol.

im sat on the sofa and he is in the window on his plant watching the world go by in his bright normal colours. either he need bigger of just loves to come out

My Veiled Tara scratches at the door of her cage all the time when she wants to come out. She loves to come out at night when it is just the 2 of use and I am cleaning up her cage for the night. She will sit on the edge of my computer screen as I am reading or doing homework for my college classes. (older returning student at the age of 44)

Attachments

• IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 136
He looks great! If he likes the higher temps the. Stick with it. I would put him in the bigger cage. He looks big enough and just make sure he is eating. Grown a lot since the last picture I saw of him!

i know mate he is a machine at eating he is on about 20 med/large crix a day mind! he is eating any left over in the cup before i get up and the lights will only have been on for like 20 mins tops

Back
Top Bottom