Thoughts on Rep-cal herptivite multivitamin

I want to get my chameleon multivitamins but I’m not sure which one and I was wonder what your guys thoughts are on the Rep-cal herptivite and is that supposed to be used once every other week or once a week for my 6 month old chameleon??

There is a long standing debate that chams can or can not convert the beta carotene to vitamin A in the herptivite. So some still use it and some don't.

I don't use it because I have never wanted to risk it. I use Reptivite instead and it has preformed A.

You can get the with D3 version or without D3 version it depends on what other supplements you use. It would be used 2 times a month. every other week.
If you have a calcium with D3 on its own. Drop using that one if you get the reptivite with D3 though. Then all other feedings would be the phos free calcium without D3.

Herptivite is a good vitamin. It’s what I use. It should be used once every 2 weeks. Many have used it successfully for years.

The only thing with it is that it had beta carotene (proformed vit a) instead of retinol (preformed vit a). It is not known if reptiles can convert beta carotene to vit a.

I use a retinol version of vit a once every couple months or so on a couple feeders to make sure they are getting some. You don’t want to overdo it as it is easily overdosed.

There is a long standing debate that chams can or can not convert the beta carotene to vitamin A in the herptivite. So some still use it and some don't.

I don't use it because I have never wanted to risk it. I use Reptivite instead and it has preformed A.

You can get the with D3 version or without D3 version it depends on what other supplements you use. It would be used 2 times a month. every other week.
If you have a calcium with D3 on its own. Drop using that one if you get the reptivite with D3 though. Then all other feedings would be the phos free calcium without D3.

beat me to it lol.

I've used herptivite for many years. You just have to be aware that it does have prOformed A in it and give w bit of prEformed if the chameleon needs it. I've never had to do that with my veileds. Panthers are a little more likely to need a bit of preformed IMHO...but not all of them for some reason.

Awsome thank you so much!!

I've used herptivite for many years. You just have to be aware that it does have prOformed A in it and give w bit of prEformed if the chameleon needs it. I've never had to do that with my veileds. Panthers are a little more likely to need a bit of preformed IMHO...but not all of them for some reason.
Ok thank you

You're welcome. There are many options that work...you just have to get the right balance with whatever products you use.

Back
Top Bottom