Thought and Recommedations 2 W/ Pictures

kirekameleon

Sorry I messed up my first posting. How do you erase a thread?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought this entertainment center for $3 dollars and I am converting it to two separate cages. I am getting a 2 month Calyptratus (girl) Friday. I was planning to keep her on the right for a while, then after some growth move her over and probably replace that cage with another baby boy or girl. I still have to cut the lights out and I am being a little cautious about how I want to go about it. Since it it a girl on the smaller size I can probably have a smaller dome light for heat (80 to 82 degrees???) I have a fixture 18" and I will get a Reptisun 5.0 for UVB, I like my other one! Can old tube light fixtures possibly not be as good as new ones; I was curious if they may diminish in output over time? I can take them to Local Rep Store and have them checked, just thought I asked. The two drawers underneath can house could catch my misting water, it appears laminate so I will have to cover that with a plastic piece and underneath it come up with some kind of taper for water to go to drain. The Units depth is not all that great. The smaller enclosure is 15"D x 18W x 20H and the larger enclosure is 15"D x 28"W x 28"H.

kire

100_3392.jpg

100_3393.jpg

100_3394.jpg

100_3395.jpg

100_3396.jpg

It looks like it will turn out pretty good. It will also look more like a piece of furniture, rather than a cage. I am currently house a few month old baby veiled Cham in a cage I just built and it 24wx17x42h but his height is only 36''. He seems to be making out just fine in that size. You should be able to just put her in the left size cage. I also cup feed so it makes it a little bit easier for him to find his food. Good luck with your new Cham.

Back
Top Bottom