This made me so sad :(

Pistachiochameleon

Established Member
I missed a shipment of crickets from rainbow mealworm so I went to my local pet smart to get a couple days worth. I saw this lil guy it makes me so sad. at least keep the humidity up?

Attachments

• 3B9A5F7D-E01E-4577-84F2-18C329293CA0.jpeg
    3B9A5F7D-E01E-4577-84F2-18C329293CA0.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 137
The big chain petstore to me is only a "emergency supply" pet store,I will never give them my business unless they change the whole environment on their live animal.
And sure there are some nice chams that people purchase out of that place,but there are more negative comments that I read from this forum regarding their purchase thru all these big chain pet store.
As far as the supply by demand,if each of us will stop buying the chameleon from there,then soon they will have to either change those "cham in the glass tank" to someth
1014309775.jpg.cf.jpg
ing more suitable like cages.Im not saying all petstore are bad,It just their policy are not in chameleon standard (living environment),or they will have to stop carrying all those poor chams that suffer in those glass tank n waiting for some kind hearted person or impulse buyer to come in and purchase them.
Bottom line is Alphakenc will boycott all the petstore place unless they can maintain the quality life for all these precious chamies!!

Feel free to grab some tissue...Im sad too....

you can always have a chat with the manager about husbandry. It might be a waste of breath but at least you will feel like you tried. If you feel like wasting paper print them out a care sheet from the forum. You never know when a little education will find a fertile spot to grow.

Thanks for agreeing with me @Thehippie (y)
Here is how the petsdumb store works...
The Corporate hire the regional manager...district manager and so on...so when u walking in to deal with the employee chamywannabe smith...He/she is trying to help the manager to sale that poor cham in that 8 x 8 glass box.
And who are paying their checks?? The good hearted consumers trying to save those poor condition chameleons just because the CORPORATE didnt want to change and enforce their pet chameleons policy,the deep vicious cycle goes round n round that the poor chameleons will still be the victims no matter how u look at it!
Corporate--management staff----hard working Staff----poor chameleons----good hearted consumers and impulse buyers----in god we trust Petdumbdumb dollar bill----Corporate Win!
Like I said it before Petsmart or Petdumbdumb whatever u wanna called is fully poop...I wouldn't trust them if they were the Pope....

Thanks for agreeing with me @Thehippie (y)
Here is how the petsdumb store works...
The Corporate hire the regional manager...district manager and so on...so when u walking in to deal with the employee chamywannabe smith...He/she is trying to help the manager to sale that poor cham in that 8 x 8 glass box.
And who are paying their checks?? The good hearted consumers trying to save those poor condition chameleons just because the CORPORATE didnt want to change and enforce their pet chameleons policy,the deep vicious cycle goes round n round that the poor chameleons will still be the victims no matter how u look at it!
Corporate--management staff----hard working Staff----poor chameleons----good hearted consumers and impulse buyers----in god we trust Petdumbdumb dollar bill----Corporate Win!
Like I said it before Petsmart or Petdumbdumb whatever u wanna called is fully poop...I wouldn't trust them if they were the Pope....
It really cant be said any better. The only way to get it to change is a public boycott. Its unfortunate that we rely on convenience as a society. Sometimes the right thing to do is the most difficult. We inevitably choose the path of least resistance.

It really cant be said any better. The only way to get it to change is a public boycott. Its unfortunate that we rely on convenience as a society. Sometimes the right thing to do is the most difficult. We inevitably choose the path of least resistance.
Maybe start a #chameleonlivesmatter trend in Twitter just to get others opinion.....Im on the same side with u!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom