This is for Junglefries...

Lathis

Chameleon Enthusiast
The hubby and I just got home from a weekend get away. We open the door to the house, and there are blue bottle flies EVERYWHERE.

Hubby: What did you do???
Me: How is this my fault?!?

(It totally is my fault, btw.)
:D

Last edited:
Left an open cup of pupae sitting on the kitchen table ><
Ferdinand has been having a blast since we got home!

Oh, I can totally see myself doing something like that, and trying to act innocent about the house being infested! Good luck to Ferdinand in getting rid of them all! :D

Thank you

I think I echo a lot of people on wanting these. In fact, I do remember someone on the last one requesting more. You start great thought provoking threads. My free rangers are the crickets that get fed to the baby chameleons and the hydei flies. They are EVERYWHERE! :eek: I use glue traps for the crix and air filter for the flies. If you put your filter about two feet from the wall, the flies will collect on the wall absorbing the breeze. FLY SWATTER TIME! :( This one thread unfortunately brings me back to the previous thread about the wifey who left the cham in the spoiled fly culture. We are human, and it would do us best to remember that sometimes. Don't humiliate, educate and support. :) [Sorry, I watched Rocky earlier and am in positive mode. Have a fun and safe week people.]

2nd reason I like these

Sorry for double up. But the second and equal reason, I like these is as follows: It keeps everyone talking. A lot of the same people advise here regularly. Not all of us see eye to eye on the same advice everytime. Bickering can ensue between the closest of users. This allows us a break from the issues just to 'chew the fat'. So, please keep 'em coming. No one seems to be getting the same amount of posts with these offbeat posts as Lathis, therefore it is important for us to support her. So I am asking, SolidSnake, ataraxia, Jannb, nightanole, motherlode, psychobunny, kinyongia, chris anderson, olimpia, ferret..., littleleaf, pigglett79, carl c, nick barta, everyone who helps, etc... please keep commenting with us. You may not even know when one of us is upset and a little humor thrown back our way, could easily smooth over a wound. In the end, it is all about helping that new keeper or experienced keeper with something they just haven't seen. Your helping a chameleon as much as it's owner. So thanx you'll and thank you, Lathis. Keep me laughing. :D

I'm just packed full of goofy weirdness :) !

I'm not comment seeking - posting funny little stories amuses me enough to make it worth while :D. If it gets even a small smile from someone needing a little lightness on a bad day, then I'm happy to share.

My husband asked to "borrow my lizards" the other day to catch flies that had gotten on the screen porch...

The hubby and I just got home from a weekend get away. We open the door to the house, and there are blue bottle flies EVERYWHERE.

(It totally is my fault, btw.)

L :p L - hate when that happens :p
I get blamed for every bug in the house - no matter if is one of mine - or not- I told my hubby - if I chase it down, and kill it- ITS NOT MY BUG - but when it is my bug, I blame it on the wild ones anyway :p ;)

Tell him to do his laundry once in a while and we won't have this problem this problem, honey. :p

Tell him to do his laundry once in a while and we won't have this problem this problem, honey. :p

Hahahahaha! He plays hockey, so his laundry can be FOUL. But... any bugs in the house, and we all know that it's my fault :)

Luckily, he's the best man in the world (nice guys do finish first!) and takes it all in good humor. He takes great care of Ferds and all the bugs when I am travelling for work.

How did you come up with ferds name? Is he named after the spaniard? or someone from a game?

Funny story... Jackson's chameleons were named for F. J. Jackson, the first English governor of Kenya. Somehow, I got it stuck in my head that the "F" stood for Ferdinand, so that's what I named my chameleon: Ferdinand Jackson. Turns out, it stands for Frederick. Oh, well :)

Funny story... Jackson's chameleons were named for F. J. Jackson, the first English governor of Kenya. Somehow, I got it stuck in my head that the "F" stood for Ferdinand, so that's what I named my chameleon: Ferdinand Jackson. Turns out, it stands for Frederick. Oh, well :)

It only mentions his full name 8,000 times in the Chameleons book, (The Herpetocultural Library) which I know you've read. Right? I think you explained that to some before. I remember reading it and now feel stupid, if correct. Thank you for answer though. :) Superhero Lathis.

It only mentions his full name 8,000 times in the Chameleons book, (The Herpetocultural Library) which I know you've read. Right? I think you explained that to some before. I remember reading it and now feel stupid, if correct. Thank you for answer though. :) Superhero Lathis.

I did't read it until later, haha. It's a good story - I don't mind retelling :D

Back
Top Bottom