This is a burn, right? ;(

I'm out of town on vacation with my family, so I'm having my lady friend care for Alby. I'm afraid he's gotten a burn as a result of the light fixtures being the only thing source using the houses energy.

Anyways,just wanted to confirm that this is a burn.

I made sure to tell her to turn on another light in the room to sap some energy going to the bulbs. does that work? Also I had her raise the bulb a couple inches to be safe.

Thanks for any advice and expertise,

Li

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 154
It does not matter what other items are turned on, the lights will use the same amount of power. They "self regulate" how much piaer they draw so they will stay the same brightness and temperature even if everything else in the house is turned on as well.

That does not look like a burn. It is not a common location for a burn.

Do you feed him butterworms?

It does not matter what other items are turned on, the lights will use the same amount of power. They "self regulate" how much piaer they draw so they will stay the same brightness and temperature even if everything else in the house is turned on as well.

That does not look like a burn. It is not a common location for a burn.

Do you feed him butterworms?
I havnt fed him butterworms in quite some time. Does it look serious? I don't get back in town for about 2 weeks.

Have your friend keep an eye on the area to see if anything changes.

Butterworms cause black areas like that in some chams, almost like an allergy - that's why I asked about butterworms.

I'll be sure to have her keep a close eye on him, although she's only spending 30 minutes or an hour every other day to refill mister, humidifie, feed bugs, etc.-

If it spreads, she knows to take more pics and I can share them to see if there is further development.

I'll be sure to bring him in to the vet when I get home. Thanks Latvia, carol, and gator!

Back
Top Bottom