This hatched in my cham enclosure.

I remember learning about that on animal plant as a kid, I think it was most extreme animals??? If only humans could just clone themselves

So it does look like a morning gecko. Not native to Florida, but would not surprise me if they are there.
They are very tiny.

Now the key part ! They do not need a mate. They are all female and will reproduce on their own, even if there is only one. There is a word for it , but I forget.
Invasive species??

Honestly what isn’t an invasive species in Florida

I'd be interested in reading about that. Can you post a link please?

I'm aware that there are males but was told they weren't needed...this article talks about the males...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepidodactylus_lugubris

I was referring to my gecko Hemidactylus mabouia

So.. have you decided what you are going to do with it?? I’m interested. It could make a cool pet with a funny story behind it.

(I like your name btw)

No idea, I've only seen it once, and it's wild counterparts are far from sociable.

Caught another one wandering the house, this dwelling is inhospitable for long term habitation by anything, so I guess I have a gecko enclosure now.

These guys are an absolute nightmare to catch.
0613202153~2.jpg
0613202152~2.jpg

Caught another one wandering the house, this dwelling is inhospitable for long term habitation by anything, so I guess I have a gecko enclosure now.

These guys are an absolute nightmare to catch.
? I can imagine! As bad as a rogue cricket?

I envy you in a way. :MrGreen: Never having lived in an area with indigenous lizards (except visiting my grandparents in FL as a kid), I always imagined (with the same childlike innocence) that finding lizards in the house would be fun—like chasing down the first bat that hitched a ride in on someone's clothing. (Age & reality are good at killing off childhood conceptions :cautious:). The closest I've come are the odd garter snake in the basement or garage. :rolleyes: (Sigh)

So it sounds like there may be a connection between your two squatters(?) Mystery solved?

? I can imagine! As bad as a rogue cricket?

I envy you in a way. :MrGreen: Never having lived in an area with indigenous lizards (except visiting my grandparents in FL as a kid), I always imagined (with the same childlike innocence) that finding lizards in the house would be fun—like chasing down the first bat that hitched a ride in on someone's clothing. (Age & reality are good at killing off childhood conceptions :cautious:). The closest I've come are the odd garter snake in the basement or garage. :rolleyes: (Sigh)

So it sounds like there may be a connection between your two squatters(?) Mystery solved?

No, worse, they jump, dash, skitter, go backwards, forwards, up and down, and when that fails, they activate their teleportation field.

It seems to be Mediterranean Gecko . They are also introduced in Mobile Alabama. I can find them on my house.

I don't think so, bear in mind I took those pictures right after capture, I'm sure the animal was terrified and as a result showing its fear colors, if it comes out tonight I will try to get pics of it, hopefully not terrified.

The first gecko, in the opening post, matches the tropical house gecko to a T.

Last edited:
I found 2 alligator lizards male & female stuck in a glue trap in my garage, I got them out using olive oil and they survived!! I found them 2 days later cruising around, and occasionally find a healthy lizard poo, makes me feel good about myself

Those are very common in hawaii and florida, they have taken over in hawaii, the only downside of domestication of house gecko is putting a shirt on with one of those in it lol..

Back
Top Bottom