this cham is blowing my mind!

Dr O

Veterinarian
he’s the only cham that i ever got from Prism, one of Pixel’s most amazing sons but who died by 1 ½. only got one clutch with very few eggs, and only this one hatched. he’s about a year old, and has never been anything but this green/dark barring. this week i bred 6 pairs of chams, and when i showed him his first female there was this instant explosion of color!!! then he happily helped a virgin lose her cherry! :) not only had he never given me a clue that he had these colors in him, they’re also very far from his lineage. he’s been staying pretty bright since. the green shots were taken just a few weeks ago. the camera really isn’t even doing justice to what he has, it’s pretty unbelievable. will update as he does!

2_zpsz5pehf97.jpg~original

1_zpso1smn09o.jpg~original

3_zpsmcwfcogb.jpg~original

5_zpsxjopktth.jpg~original

6_zpse9jo1rte.jpg~original

7_zpse0n8dzgv.jpg~original

8_zpsutvffgwz.jpg~original

9_zps1coxzosm.jpg~original

10_zpsu9j4fxrl.jpg~original

11_zpsmtscwyi6.jpg~original

12_zpsfeltmpux.jpg~original

13_zps3yaus9uq.jpg~original

Last edited:
lol! well, NOW it's correct; and yes, that's all him. essentially some quick shots i last took of him from April 25th, and he remained that exact color for much of this past year until the colored photos from June 7th when he lit up like a Warhol pop print!:) fyi, DOH was 8/18/14.

(for the poor souls who may have seen the accidental insertion of a shirtless Dr. O w/ 2 other panthers crawling on him....all i can do is apologize.:p that was not him in that shot; it's all corrected now.)

Wow he looks great Dr. O! Doesn't he remind you of the Nosy Valiha's that are starting to be imported? His colors and patterns look very similar to that local. Any chance the female could have been a Nosy Valiha?

Hey DR O,
The yellows and reds are my favorite , he is popping some amazing colors. This one is special, you breed quality Chams ! Thanks for sharing
Dave

DOH was 8/18/14.

Late bloomer, nothin' wrong with that. He is stunning and a ladies cham ;).

(for the poor souls who may have seen the accidental insertion of a shirtless Dr. O w/ 2 other panthers crawling on him....all i can do is apologize.:p that was not him in that shot; it's all corrected now.)

Now I am glad I had to work yesterday and wasn't able to be on the forums :p.

Wow he looks great Dr. O! Doesn't he remind you of the Nosy Valiha's that are starting to be imported? His colors and patterns look very similar to that local. Any chance the female could have been a Nosy Valiha?

nope, I bred the dam myself from Pixel and Ms. Piggy; and have all of their lines. straight Ambilobe. however i did brain fart this, he's a son of Bacchus, not Prism. Bacchus was my cham who was featured in the July 2014 Reptiles Magazine Breeder's Choice. and as Bacchus was red and blue, he's even further from his roots than I originally thought!

That has got to be the most dramatic color change I've ever seen. He is simply amazing. You have a lot of beautiful Chams. He fits right in.

Back
Top Bottom