This actually hurts my heart

Doesnt look that bad to me. As long as hes doing medium D3 the crappy double dome will work. Hes got a mister and a nice screen cage. Nothing wrong with crickets and meal worms as a baby since they normally will not eat anything else like dubia etc.

Yea they live like kings on this forum, but there is a huge range in setup quality that will work. its not "if its not perfect its going to be miserable and die"

You want bad setups, just goto cragslist. Plenty of veilds setup in beardy tanks. Just a hot rock and water bowl, even astroturf bottoms.

These guys should be the example, with those massive subscribers, they should speak to the audience about how delicate these creatures are. They should spread the word that chameleons are for dedicated keepers, not impossible, however good husbandry is the key to success. If you're willing to spend a decent amount of money, then just buy the same equipment he bought and put in a rubber chameleon.
They should show what's the correct equipment for adequate keeping and promote the reptiles brand, then everybody could make their wanted money with it, win - win situation and happy animals.

Now he just paints it off as an easy to keep pet, which "loves to play around and its cage", o and don't mind, you don't need to setup an enclosure before you buy a chameleon! It's almost like a Mc'Drive.

I won’t watch those videos now or ever. Videos of South Florida iguanas keep popping up on my YouTube, but they are horrible ones of hunting them. I can’t watch. I won’t watch. I know bad things are done in the world to animals, whether by intent or ignorance, and that hurts my heart more than enough.

These guys should be the example, with those massive subscribers, they should speak to the audience about how delicate these creatures are. They should spread the word that chameleons are for dedicated keepers, not impossible, however good husbandry is the key to success. If you're willing to spend a decent amount of money, then just buy the same equipment he bought and put in a rubber chameleon.
They should show what's the correct equipment for adequate keeping and promote the reptiles brand, then everybody could make their wanted money with it, win - win situation and happy animals.

Now he just paints it off as an easy to keep pet, which "loves to play around and its cage", o and don't mind, you don't need to setup an enclosure before you buy a chameleon! It's almost like a Mc'Drive.
Yea all the comments are like awww I want one oh I might get one or he needs a friend in his cage 😔

Doesnt look that bad to me. As long as hes doing medium D3 the crappy double dome will work. Hes got a mister and a nice screen cage. Nothing wrong with crickets and meal worms as a baby since they normally will not eat anything else like dubia etc.

Yea they live like kings on this forum, but there is a huge range in setup quality that will work. its not "if its not perfect its going to be miserable and die"

You want bad setups, just goto cragslist. Plenty of veilds setup in beardy tanks. Just a hot rock and water bowl, even astroturf bottoms.
He only does d3 for supplement and pretty sure meal worms are very high in chitin which isn’t the best for digestive matters but…

He only does d3 for supplement and pretty sure meal worms are very high in chitin which isn’t the best for digestive matters but…
I didn't watch the video, and assuming he's new to chams, I'd agree it's not the best route... BUT it's possible to get by only supplementing d3. It's just a lot more can go wrong if over/underdone than if you have strong uvb lighting. For 2 winters I didn't use uvb for my Parsons and only supplemented d3. Little different of a situation than a panther, but it is possible.

The mealworm thing is a myth, they are nutritious feeders. Nobody that brings up(including myself in the past) that they're bad ever actually has information to back it up. It's just one of those things that keeps getting passed along. Beetles are a large part of wild chams' diets, their shells are much harder than a mealworms.

I didn't watch the video, and assuming he's new to chams, I'd agree it's not the best route... BUT it's possible to get by only supplementing d3. It's just a lot more can go wrong if over/underdone than if you have strong uvb lighting. For 2 winters I didn't use uvb for my Parsons and only supplemented d3. Little different of a situation than a panther, but it is possible.

The mealworm thing is a myth, they are nutritious feeders. Nobody that brings up(including myself in the past) that they're bad ever actually has information to back it up. It's just one of those things that keeps getting passed along. Beetles are a large part of wild chams' diets, their shells are much harder than a mealworms.
Oops 😅 guess it is

What gets me is that they video their ignorance. They are so clueless they don’t even know how much they don’t know.

saw one guy with a dead animal and he claimed “well this happens from time to time “.
No animals don’t just die for no reason.

Honestly we just need zoomed to start selling the T5HO with the "chameleon starter kit" and alot of issues would solve themselves. Then you just need some live plants, and a dog to bite the new owner every time they want to put their hand in the cage.

Honestly we just need zoomed to start selling the T5HO with the "chameleon starter kit" and alot of issues would solve themselves. Then you just need some live plants, and a dog to bite the new owner every time they want to put their hand in the cage.
Hhahaha so true

I heard meal worms aren’t very nutritional is this true

Less chitin than a cricket. The only down side is you can only gut load them for 10% body weight. Dubia are the kings at 50%, and crickets are in the middle at 25-33%. Or to put it another way, you can fit 5x more gut load in a dubia, and 3x more gut load in a cricket, vs a meal/super worm :p

Personally i just order "small" supers which are a better option vs regular meal worms.

Back
Top Bottom