thinking of getting a panther(:

chamzilla91

I really like the red barred ambilobe panthers and was wondering what is best to provide for them and where what are some of the good suppliers of them

I really like the red barred ambilobe panthers and was wondering what is best to provide for them and where what are some of the good suppliers of them

If you look at any of the sponsors on this site, they can give you prices on getting one, as well as their supplies.
Now, are you trying to get info on how to house them, what to feed them, etc? or just where to get the stuff needed for them?

I know what I all need to house them and what to feed/gutload feeders with. I was wondering about supplementing, how much to feed, and for advice on what has worked well for others

I know what I all need to house them and what to feed/gutload feeders with. I was wondering about supplementing, how much to feed, and for advice on what has worked well for others

for supplementing, you need plain calcium (without d3), calcium with d3, and a multivitamin ( at least thats what i use)
my schedule for my 2 month old male veiled for supplementing is plain calcium 5 days a week, cal with d3 one day, and the multi one day. Dust lightly, enough to make them grey, not ghosts.
The normal thought is when they are young, feed them as much as they will eat. mine normally eats anywhere from 10-20 smaly crickets a day. as they grow, they will let you know when they are done by not eating. some adults only eat every other day.
I have a small cage right now as mine is still a baby. if the cage you plan to buy will be for his adult size, then you may need to section off the cage.

any other questions?

I have had a male veiled and I have a female that is about 5 months now. I have a 18x18x36 screen cage for my female and a 2x2x4 screen cage which was my males but he died last year):. I do the calcium evey feeding and calcium with d3 twice a month and multivite twice a month. I wanted to know what the panthers need in comparison to veileds. I've heard that veileds develop faster so would that mean panthers don't need quite as much calcium intake as a growing veiled?

Can you answer that^ question for jacksons too? also, how could a younger cham not be fine in an adult size cage?

Not sure about the jacksons. But my guess would be more calcium needs for developing their horns. And the little ones can have trouble with hunting in a larger cage, I'm pretty sure cup feeding would fix that problem

if you are looking at panthers the breeder that runs screameleons.com excusivly breeds panthers and is verry nice about helping new owners get started with anything that you can think of i ordered my new baby panther (Alice) from tghem and it was 5 outa 5 for the service i got form him and continue to email is on the site along with a phone number shot him a email with all your questions he will help and has some beautifull chameleons;)

Back
Top Bottom