Thinking about getting into another species of chameleon.

Yes, i definitely like the verrucosus WAAAAYYY better than ousts. We do have a very pretty female Oustalets right now that unless we sell her before then we will bring to the AZ show to sell. She has a wonderful sweet personality and is still quite young, but she is WC. We have had her for a couple of months now though. But, as chad said, we have several verro eggs incubating that should be getting very close to hatching! So Sabrina, if all goes well, yes we should have captives at the next AZ show! :)

Vegas Chad when I was working with verrucosus chameleons they (especially the males) always seemed dehydrate with sunk in eyes. Your male seems have some what sunken in eyes as well. Have you found that to be normal of the species even with healthy adults. Used to freek me out.

If you end up choosing verrucosus chameleons plan on giving them extra hidding area's as they are shy.

They are misted 4 times a day for several minutes per session, recent WC’s always take a long while to rehydrate up but with lots of hiding areas they adapt just fine. That guy is sucking in his eyes a bit just because he was rather miffed to have the camera in his face.

Have you noticed that they suck in their eyes more then most species. Mine had a constant drip system going and misting once ever hour and the seemed to still have sunken appearances. Pretty much why I have stayed away from them ever since.

The subspecies are gorgeous as well, Red headed males and bronze red females with purple spots. I hatched out a couple CH babies they were very neat.

Wow! Looking forward to CB babies - Chad, Darci, when is the next AZ show? Are there any planned yet? I'm pretty excited! :D

Back
Top Bottom