thinking about buying a chameleon

vixen72

hi im thinking of buying a chameleon but havent got the foggist idea when it comes to them
what kind of home for them
tempretures , foods,lights etc
whats the easiest to look after
any info would be brill
tnxs

Read this link. It's a guide for Veiled chameleons written by one of our Moderators, Mr Brad Ramsey. It's a good starting point for just about all species, and should answer most of your questions.

Adcham is a good source for individual species research.

If this is your first chameleon, I strongly suggest you start out with a veiled.

Ditto ditto ditto. Excellent advice. Don't think there is much else to say except read, read, read, then get your setup and post it. That way you can have it in great shape when you get your cham.

Many of us, myself included, read til 3am every night for weeks before getting our first chameleons. There's SO much to know, and if you read all the articles/issues that interest you over at www.chameleonnews.com (go to Past Articles for complete list of articles).

TAKE NOTES! is all I can say, there's so much knowledge that it's important to take notes for what you think is important, because you'll forget otherwise :eek:

Another great thing to do is set up the enclosure first for one month, measure the temps, figure out how to keep humidity at the desired range, etc.

If you will be breeding your own roaches or other insects, get those started too, buying food from the pet store can get REALLY expensive, and buying in bulk would go to waste with only one chameleon.

Other than that, enjoy! They're the greatest pet lizard in my opinion.

Ask lots of questions.

Back
Top Bottom