They just keep dying.

JabbaThePanther

How do i keep my crickets alive?
I'm having a lot of trouble keeping them alive.
Please help, its wasting a lot of money i can be saving.:(

Are you feeding them? What are you keeping them in? I keep mine in a rubber made tote with a screen lid. Feed them dry gutload formula. And also add fruits and veggies daily. Maybe a little water pillow or sponge for water that it.

make sure they have enough food and water (but not standing water because they will drown themselves) and also make sure they are in a well ventilated area. When crickets die, they emit a gas that will kill other crickets, so once one dies they all start unless you have some ventilation. Also, they like it a little warmer. I put a light bulb in the lid of the container for warmth.

make sure they have enough food and water (but not standing water because they will drown themselves) and also make sure they are in a well ventilated area. When crickets die, they emit a gas that will kill other crickets, so once one dies they all start unless you have some ventilation. Also, they like it a little warmer. I put a light bulb in the lid of the container for warmth.

I wish I knew this yesterday, I just learned the hard way. I put a layer of very light/breathable fabric over the screen because I was having a problem with phorrid flies. Well I guess it wasn't breathable enough because I just lost about half of my crickets in a days time.

Are there any methods for keeping other critters out of your cricket enclosures?

If your having a problem with gnats or flies you can hang a fly strip nearby. I keep mine in my garage with no problems. Are you keping the deads picked up thats when the bins will attract pests.

Yeah I do keep the container tidy, but after yesterday morning I didn't check the container again until this morning thinking everything was alright.

Back
Top Bottom