ahhh bugs in my bugs lmaoo

Snuits

Chameleon Enthusiast
im going through my dubia roaches , that i cant keep alive for the life of me btw. but thats another story ..

but i have these bugs in my roaches ... are they harmful , harmless.. what are they. please help me !

alittle backround the only other bugs in there are the cleanup beatles .. mabye the larve ?

Attachments

• worms.jpg
    worms.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 49
  • worms 2.jpg
    worms 2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 53
Ive got a thriving colony and seeded it with a 'clean up crew' which is made up of small black beetles and one or two types of segmented worm (like a mealworm but tinier). It looks to me like that's your case. Maybe they made their way in when you seeded the container with dubia.
Can't guarantee it, but that's my best guess.

okay , i have the clean up grew beetles too. wasnt sure if it was their larve or something.

I found one of those tiny worm things in my dubia colony today as well. Are you keeping your dubia warm? The cold can kill them I would think. I have a small heat mat for hermit crabs stuck to the outside of one side of the bin I keep my dubia in. You might try that.

Are you keeping your dubia warm? The cold can kill them I would think.
Just an FYI, I'm run my colony at room temp (approx 70). They're fine at the lower temps (65-75) but activity is decreased. If you drop a heat mat under the container they're in, and bring it up to 80 they'll breed like roaches. :)

Just a FYI, if you forget to feed your dubia for too long, they eat the cleaner crew...

Yea guess i should have fed them more this winter.

Kinda sucks because i put in leftover supers 12 years ago, and they were still in there last year. Wonder how many generations that was.

I found one of those tiny worm things in my dubia colony today as well. Are you keeping your dubia warm? The cold can kill them I would think. I have a small heat mat for hermit crabs stuck to the outside of one side of the bin I keep my dubia in. You might try that.
soo they are actually the beetle clean up crew larvae. .. so they arent a threat. mine are kept pretty warm. but when i noticed the worms to begin with a freaked a bit. with my anxiety & ocd i am quite the over thinker. then got the news they could benefit hahaha. but actually my cham passed this morning. sooo idk next steps.

soo they are actually the beetle clean up crew larvae. .. so they arent a threat. mine are kept pretty warm. but when i noticed the worms to begin with a freaked a bit. with my anxiety & ocd i am quite the over thinker. then got the news they could benefit hahaha. but actually my cham passed this morning. sooo idk next steps.
Oh no! I’m so sorry. 😢

Oh no! I’m so sorry! :(

Back
Top Bottom