they came!!!!

Ryan123

sage and ginger came :) they are two 16 month ambilobes they love each other and are cage mates they have no problem with it the previous owner kept them together too one looks gravid and probabily from a retained clutch :) im excited about that!!!! they other may be starting to be gravid but im not for sure i love them i left school today because my mom shot me a text they were here and to open the box i did and they are just precious....they drank and ate some crickets :) it was cute !!!! ill post pictures later

ill post them when they become used to it and lol sage her name came with her ah ha im not gonna change it i declaired that one isnt gravid she is showing hot pinkish and purple colors kinda the other has to be hopefully they are retained :)

ah ha they are lovely these girls love eachother they sit right next to eachother they drink together they eat together they sleep together this is a dream come true and im glad one is receptive while the other is gravid (eaisier to tell which is which) their sires are BATMAN and IRONMAN

the girls were origionally from heroic chameleons and i got them from dan b. one is laying a retained right now ;)

ah ha they are lovely these girls love eachother they sit right next to eachother they drink together they eat together they sleep together this is a dream come true and im glad one is receptive while the other is gravid (eaisier to tell which is which) their sires are BATMAN and IRONMAN

So females of any species of chams can be housed together?

Generally chameleons should be kept in separate cages...especially when you are new to chameleons. There can be stress even if its not apparent and generally one or both of them will have health issues eventually.

In the wild, if one is stressing the other, they can move away from each other...in captivity there is not much room in a cage to get far enough away.

you would know if you saw them one laid eggs saturday an there was no problem they do everything right by each other and get along fine they dont show stressor colors

Just because the breeder kept them together initially does not mean that they should be kept together forever. Knowing that chams are solitary animals, the only benefit of keeping them together is for you and not them. Chams do not love each other.

okay well im just saing from what i have observed and they sit together eat together drink together sleep together one laid eggs right there with the other one six inches away they dont look like how you are saying but thats just how i have seen them they are very social

What is their choice? What are they going to do? They are in a cage. The one female had to lay eggs. The other one was not going to leave. By the way-what size cage are we talking about here?

about a 4' by 2' by 2' cage there is so much room.....and they dont have to do any of that together they could have done things seperate they sit side by side i think they enjoy eachother my opinin in observation

Ryan123...time will tell. Some of the stress with chameleons is "silent" (not easily noticed) and the tole will eventually show up in health issues. Each may seem to be unstressed by the presence of the other...but....

They could be close together because one is dominant over the other. By being close to the other it restricts the others movements, and food ingestion. It might be that the one is always close so that she can control the other, letting her know that she is the boss. I dont see why you cant keep them separate. I also dont see how 2'x'2x4' is so much space. If that is big enough for two then why dont people keep their females in 1'x1'x2' cages? I believe that the minimum for a female panther is 18''x'18''x3'. So adding one foot height, and half a foot in both directions would be fine for an addition of another animal. I cant see how it will house two comfortably. Also if you choose to keep these females together for the reason of not wanting to spend the money on them to get another cage, then you should ask yourself if you are really able to afford the eggs that you received. If you can afford the extra cage, then why not give them the extra space? It would seem stupid to not give them more space just because they look like they can tolerate each other. Why even chance bringing the stress into their lives?

this is so confusing i can afford another cage but it seems they like eachother both will take turnes and climb onto my hand and be held for awhile and then bang once they get back into the cage each one climbs onto the branch and back by each other i seriously dont think they have any problem at all with eachother i bowl feed them and they both go to the bowl together and share the crickets and dubias equally idk i think this is just one of those odd instances

this is so confusing i can afford another cage but it seems they like eachother both will take turnes and climb onto my hand and be held for awhile and then bang once they get back into the cage each one climbs onto the branch and back by each other i seriously dont think they have any problem at all with eachother i bowl feed them and they both go to the bowl together and share the crickets and dubias equally idk i think this is just one of those odd instances

Ryan123,
When I started this forum I made the comment that my male panther and female melleri got along just fine when they were out on the limbs outside their cage. Everyone warned me that even though they seem to "tolerate" each other, there will come a day when they start to defend their territory. Well I'm seeing it now and I can no longer let them out in the same area. The other day my melleri had already been out and I let the panther out and sure enough he darted over to where the melleri was and I had to intervene because the melleri nearly grabbed him and was very serious. Just keep an open mind and realize that they are indeed solitary animals in the wild and maybe they would be better off separate. Just my opinion.
Good Luck!:)

Ryan123,
When I started this forum I made the comment that my male panther and female melleri got along just fine when they were out on the limbs outside their cage. Everyone warned me that even though they seem to "tolerate" each other, there will come a day when they start to defend their territory. Well I'm seeing it now and I can no longer let them out in the same area. The other day my melleri had already been out and I let the panther out and sure enough he darted over to where the melleri was and I had to intervene because the melleri nearly grabbed him and was very serious. Just keep an open mind and realize that they are indeed solitary animals in the wild and maybe they would be better off separate. Just my opinion.
Good Luck!:)

Very good post . Something to consider that for sure.

Back
Top Bottom