thermostat sensor

brum

just wanted to know how far down the setup people place there stat sensor,i have mine about midway is that ok?,any feedback and i would be greatfull.

I have a thermostat with two probes, and I move it around a lot. I like to know the temperature of the basking area and also the ambient temperature of the cage. Does your chameleon hang out midway in the cage? My rule of thumb is to place it where the chameleon stays the most. Soon, I will buy one of those cool point temp guns...
Heika

I have a thermostat with two probes, and I move it around a lot. I like to know the temperature of the basking area and also the ambient temperature of the cage. Does your chameleon hang out midway in the cage? My rule of thumb is to place it where the chameleon stays the most. Soon, I will buy one of those cool point temp guns...
Heika

hi,she likes to hang out at the top and mid way of the cage,at the moment it is mid way,the same level as the branch she like to chill on.

That is probably a good place for it then, but you also need to know what your basking temp is. Try to get a temperature directly under the light at the hottest spot she can access. That way, you will know if your temps are so hot that they can burn her. Chameleons are kind of funny about heat. They don't seem to register the fact that they are burning, and can be mortally wounded without moving from the basking area. It is really a good idea to buy more than one temperature guage, or to get one of those cool temp guns.

Heika

Back
Top Bottom