thermo regulation question

babyjoe

Purely out of curiosity I was just wondering does anybody know temperature what a chameleon (veiled in particular) try to keep their body at.I know we keep them at a basking temp of say 95f but what does this allow them for their core temp.just wondering

They adjust as needed. After a meal they want to be hot, if its dry out or if they havent eaten in a while they want to be cool. Its not that the cham wants to be 85 all day long and it just goes in the 95 zone when its cold and the 75 zone when its hot.

I use google for everything. Makes it easier to get the answers you want lol.

Just google whatever then type in the word chameleon after, majority of the time old chameleonforum posts pop up. Thats how i've learned 70% of everything I know.

You can also use the search tab on this site, which can also be your best friend.

As for your question, Here's a post I found using google.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/chams-body-temp-35740/

They adjust as needed. After a meal they want to be hot, if its dry out or if they havent eaten in a while they want to be cool. Its not that the cham wants to be 85 all day long and it just goes in the 95 zone when its cold and the 75 zone when its hot.

Thanks for the reply I had some understanding on how they regulated I was just curious as to what they aimed for as average body temp.

And have Castro thanks for the link I found it an interesting read.I know what you mean aswell is say 90% of the time I Google something chameleon related it sends me to threads here.just goes to show how good the forum is.that's how I ended up joining actually.:D

Back
Top Bottom