there is an unidentified bug in my chameleon's cage

Joel H

i think the bug is a moth, but im not sure if it is safe for my chameleon to eat or what kind of moth it is. it is dark brown, is about a centimeter tall and its about an inch long. im not sure how it got in the cage because i use a screen and a door on the cage. :confused:

It may have came in with a new plant as a caccoon in the dirt or something? I once found a weird looking beetle in my chams cage which I later identified as a superworm beetle but I was pretty puzzled at first. I feed moths to my cham when they are seasonal and would probably feed that one too. can u post a pic of it?

ya some feeders can go through a change but im not sure what turns into moths, what type of feeders do you use, and how often do you clean your setup??

Hi Joel H,

A picture would be nice, and if its so little a clear one would be the best.
Worms - like hornworms - can transform to moths. Most of them burry themself under the dead fallen leaves into the soil at autumn, pupate and hatch when the spring comes (or when the temp rises).

It may have came in with a new plant as a caccoon in the dirt or something? I once found a weird looking beetle in my chams cage which I later identified as a superworm beetle but I was pretty puzzled at first. I feed moths to my cham when they are seasonal and would probably feed that one too. can u post a pic of it?

That's what those few bugs were in my cage! Haha I had been wondering for a while. I guess they hid and grew.

i couldn't find the moth but it looked similar to this so i think it is a wax moth.

Attachments

• WaxMoth8406.jpg
    WaxMoth8406.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom