Theodore the rescue Cham

Chameleon Creator

Not too long ago I decided to rescue a male veiled chameleon named Theodore. Poor little guys cage was wayy too small and the branches did not even reach high enough for him to bask.
8enete2a.jpg

So I quickly gave him the next larger sized cage I had and rearranged some branches and removed the substrates etc
5areba2y.jpg

Viola much better than his last cage. I ordered another 2x2x4 cage and some new Arcadia lights and 6500k bulbs with new fixtures from Todd at lightyourreptiles.com and when those came in I finally was able to setup a home to accommodate a male veiled and he has since been doing much better than when I first got him. He is definitely much happier now with all of his space and places to hide. He is getting proper nutrition and a mixed feeder diet with daily mistings. He has come a long way in a short time; he was terrified of the misting system and the foggers, now he shoves his head into the misting nozzles to take showers lol.
eva3uguz.jpg

butasy2e.jpg
ynesyhym.jpg
umyva9un.jpg

adesu7a6.jpg

His stools are still small, but nothing compared to when I first had him, literally looked like the size if a chams just a few weeks old, urate were also dark, definitely improvements here.
So now he has the same size cage as his brother (not actually his brother lol) Loki and they are both thriving in captivity.
enaby4az.jpg

e5a8y4yt.jpg

Just wanted to share with fellow chameleon owners, I'm glad I rescued him and he is lucky I did. He is a little feisty as most veiled are, but definitely improving; he is very timid at times.

Great job in rescuing him, and he's looking pretty good. Just be patient with him - I've had my male veiled since he was 6 weeks old, and he JUST decided that I'm not the spawn of Satan after over 2 years of living with me :eek:

I am glad you rescued him and that he is thriving with you. Not all veileds hate people. I had a super friendly veiled. But they are what they are, some will learn to tolerate people if you are the giver of food.:)

Yes I'll have to agree with that, my first veiled was a female and she was the nixes chameleon I've owned, although my panther is coming close to that title now

Back
Top Bottom