The yellow Nosy Be gets yellower

Olimpia

Biologist & Ecologist
Cobalt shed yesterday and today was looking super yellow again. I haven't seen him this yellow since he was about 6-7 months old, since he's been developing more and more turquoise ever since. I figured that he was never going to flash me a more or less solid yellowish color ever again.

Well today I was wrong! I think he's reverting back to yellow after this shed. Should be interesting to see what continues to happen to it as he approaches 1.5-2 years old.

Here are lots of picks. The less black in his bars the more relaxed his is.

cobalt1yearold17.jpg

cobalt1yearold23.jpg

cobalt1yearold21.jpg

cobalt1yearold20.jpg

cobalt1yearold22.jpg

cobalt1yearold18.jpg

cobalt1yearold19.jpg

cobalt1yearold24.jpg

EDIT-

Just to show people how turquoise/blue he can be when he wants to -

cobalt1yearold1.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, what line did he come from.From one of the vendors perhaps? He looks great!

Thanks!

He is son of Greaseball, a male at The Chameleon Company. I think most of his breeders are WC, so there's a lot of genetic variation at play. I expected a pretty normal Nosy be with a bit of red and yellow on the face and instead got this weirdo!

What!? That is a crime!... :D

Hahaha! :D I'd love to, believe me, but I can't get a female just yet. I'm moving again in a month and I'm not sure what I'm going to have to do with my current guys to make sure we all fit in my new house/apartment. Maybe over the summer, but not right now.

I've always said it, if someone wanted to do a joint breeding thing with me I am open to that possibility. I've never seen another Nosy with so much yellow so it's not like I can really select a female whose father matches this guy for higher odds of yellow babies.

He.Is.Looking.Good.Like.Always. :D

I say when you get to the RIGHT time...you find that stud muffin, a foxy lady. :)

He will enjoy it..and you will enjoy the offspring he will produce.

I am in love with his colors !

Back
Top Bottom