The Welfare Dripper: A Cheap Easy to Make Dripper I Invented

Mew

Here'e my video guide!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5qQBmvanI&feature=youtu.be

I use this to provide a constant moving water flow, as well as adding some humidity to the enclosure!

Step 1: Bore a hole into a 2 liter bottle. Make sure to thoroughly rinse out the bottle first, and never use soaps or cleaning chemicals!

2: Insert a two pronged tubing attachment, one end inside the bottle and the other poking out, at around a 45 degree angle. Try to insert is fairly high on the bottle. Seal the attachment point with hot glue, JB weld or silicone.

3: Attach a nice amount of length of tubing to the outer attachment and seal it with hot glut. Remember! You can always take a little bit of tubing off, you can never add a little bit back on!

4: Attach a T-joint attachment to the end of the tubing, then more tubing, and repeat until you have enough T joints for the amount of drippers you'd like to be emitting.

5: Seal the end of the final T joint with either a plug attachment or hot glue. If using hot glue, attach a small bit of hosing to the end so as not to clog the t joint with glue.

6: Attach hosing of the right length to the stem of the T joints poking out away from the central tubing. Remember to seal all connections with glue to ensure a watertight connection!

7: Attach an emitter to the end of each stem tube, I like ones with the flow adjuster so I can shut off/turn on any drippers, or adjust the flow rate.

8: Attach central tubing to some kind of T shaped attachment for use later in securing to the enclosure.

Congratulations! I can build one of these guys in 30 minutes to an hour, and they work great! All in all it costs 5 to 10 bucks.

Hope you enjoy!

-Zack

LOL good idea, but hate to break it to ya- you aren't the first to invent it. I I was doing that 20 years ago :D

Great minds think alike!

Here's my poor man's dripper-

take a dixie cup and poke a pin hole in the bottom. You can adjust the flow rate by the size of the hole- the pin tip is shaped like a "V" so you just press in a little farther for a faster drip.

I think I said somewhere in the video that other people had probably done similar things :p It may have been a part I cut out though, I didn't make you watch the other 30 mins of what I was doing, sealing edges and stuff. The Dixie cup just doesn't tend to last as long in terms of output. It also is fun to make and frankly impresses people, wouldn't believe the positive reviews I get at work after I tell people to make one of these instead of buying an expensive piece of equipment.

Back
Top Bottom