The Titan has arrived, 19 years of waiting

Looks almost like having another kid to feed! He is looking really good.

Blows my mind he's only a year old in a few days. I know how big he will get based on my last one but the more I think on it I just can't help but wonder how OLD was my last male before he passed.... he was huge and I had him for eight years. He never grew longer during that time so he was max size. He had to have been well into his late teens or early twenties.

Hey Ralph,

I was away when you posted this thread and am only now seeing it. Congrats! I know how long you've been waiting to get another parsonii. Really glad to see it finally came to fruition! Can't beak the source either!

Best of luck and look forward to tracking his progress with you!

Chris

May 16th was Atlas's 1st hatchday. May 17th happens to be my B-day.

No I didn't put a hat on him, he's needs to grow a bit.

Speaking of growing.....

The first picture is when I weighed him after getting him.

Muhahahaha The second picture is me weighing him today.

31 gram gain. I haven't lost the touch with feeding/hydrating a Parson's

Currently he is eating 5-12 food items a day. All feeders are gut loaded with fresh veggies, powdered bug burger, ground up rice krispies, cricket crack. He is getting straight calcium on two feeders a day. Once every other week he gets calcium with medium D3 on a few feeders. Once every other week he gets a few feeders with the repashy multi-vitamin/mineral.

With him being in a warmer environment his metabolism is in full drive. I keep him 78-82F with a gradient down to 74F. Night temps drop to 75-70F

Every morning he's just waiting for his food. I start him off with 2-3 large silkworms. Later in the day he'll get around 5 dubia about 1 1/1" inches long each. Then I'll leave 5 large crickets in his feeder cup later in the afternoon which he eats in about 10 mins. Last dump he took weighed more than a young leopard gecko I would guess.

Currently he is a factor in the California drought as he sucks down a lot of water daily. Once a week he even gets a longer shower than I do.

Attachments

• more 001 (2).jpg
    more 001 (2).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Atlas Bday 1 004.jpg
    Atlas Bday 1 004.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 185
Happy Birthday to you both!!! :)

He is going to be a beast! :) I'm happy he's doing so well. I look forward to many more updates and pictures.

Back
Top Bottom