The Titan has arrived, 19 years of waiting

Soooo, how is Atlas doing? :D

He's doing well. I have time tomorrow to go get some batteries for my digital scale and will get him weighed.

He's getting used to his dripper and the chameleon cantina. The four lights from the tropic blaze system I purchased don't seem to be adversely affecting him. I was keeping an eye out for any signs that they might be too bright but he seemingly enjoys basking under them.

With his body temp staying around 81F his appetite is active.

He ate two 3" long tomato worms at one sitting along with a few crickets for good measure. The next day a 2" long dubia roach. One thing I didn't forget about Parsons was how they can put the food away. He's as long as my Male Quad Ming who is only about 18 months old but he feels twice as heavy. Very thick animal. Atlas's skull is larger for his body size than Ming's, doesn't take much to understand why Atlas can eat so much compared to my Quad.

I'll most likely diversify his diet shortly. For meat protein for example I'll feed him a pinky mouse once a month which is actually smaller than the roaches he's eating. When he gets to adult sizes I'll have to start breeding gold dust day geckos to go with all the roaches..........

My daughter will have to be employed in catching the flying green beetles we get a few months out of the year, usually I feed those to the bearded dragon but he'll have to share this year.

Anyway, yes he is eating and getting used to his new home. I'll post pictures again when I get him weighed.

Nice story!

It's really incredible to see all of the interest that a Parson will generate. They are a truly awesome species.

Someday, if the stars align correctly, I may be writing my own Parson story. Until then, I live vicariously through other Parson owners.

Ok I got the scale working.

As of today Atlas weights 74 grams. He is 11 months old.

I'm gonna have to fatten him up... here have another roach.

Attachments

• more 002 (2).jpg
    more 002 (2).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 232
  • more 002.jpg
    more 002.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 192
That's my boy! He looks great Ralph, his colors are really changing fast from a few weeks ago. How much are you feeding that guy??:eek:

That's my boy! He looks great Ralph, his colors are really changing fast from a few weeks ago. How much are you feeding that guy??:eek:

Whatever the F*** he wants. As long as he is hydrating I'm letting him eat when he's hungry.

He has a feeder cup I only place 5 large crickets in daily. He cleans it out every morning.

He now stands up off his branch when he sees me enter the room, he's gotten used to me holding a cup with that 1 1/2" long Dubia for him and he wants his roach. After he gets it he goes back to chilling on a branch with his belly down.

He's had about 3 big big Hornworms.

Garrett thanks again for getting me back into Parson's. There is simply no better reptile out there that can actually be called a "pet". If you have other people looking to buy one from you and need a reference please send them my way.

How many do you have left anyway and are for sale?

No problem Ralph, glad I could help you out after all those years of wating!
I will have some females available soon, and probably a couple more males.
This clutch is turning out to be pretty female heavy, there are still a few I'm not 100% sure on so I'm letting them grow out a bit more.
I'm planning on holding quite a few back to populate my new greenhouse:cool:

He's definitely bigger than mine. Mine are both shedding and have gained 10 and 13 grams in a week. I can't imagine feeding such big food items. He must be a monster. :) Watching Parson's grow is amazing, they grow so fast.

He's looking great Ralph. Great colors.

He's definitely bigger than mine. Mine are both shedding and have gained 10 and 13 grams in a week. I can't imagine feeding such big food items. He must be a monster. :) Watching Parson's grow is amazing, they grow so fast.

He's looking great Ralph. Great colors.

Ralph, please be careful with large food items. I wouldn't want you or anyone to have to go through what I did with my adult male parsons Padre. I never feed large feeders anymore to any of my guys. I feel that more of the smaller ones are much safer. https://www.chameleonforums.com/padre-my-parsonii-needs-your-thoughts-prayers-92744/

Atlas is looking fantastic. Ralph how did you make the scale fixture you weighted Atlas on? I hate weighting mine, it always seems stressful, so i don't do it as often as I should.

Yes I remembered Padre, I posted on your thread a few times. You're talking to a fool who pinches off cricket legs for his Quads. The Dubia are not as much of a problem, it's hard to put into words here but I'm played around them quite a bit checking out their legs, a bite, stuff like that. I actually like them as a feeder as opposed to superworms that I don't use anymore unless it is for medical reasons.

Mantis I stay from and now that my dad isn't around to sneak in a few hummingbirds I doubt I'll be seeing any of those used either. Thanks for the warning however, it's takes a village to raise a Parson's....

Laurie that is actually one of my largest custom cricket feeders. He climbed up the center screen pole. The base is one of those plastic bug cages pets stores sell. I cut off the top and flipped it upside down so water drains out through the plastic "top" screen area. Then I glued in to place on that plastic flip up lid the pillar you see. The pillar is plastic pipe wrapped with screen so crickets can climb up it. I just realized when I was looking around I had nothing to weight a Parson on. The Quads are easy. Atlas needed something...........larger.

Since all i have are quads, werneri and hoes, how do you weight the quads.

I just use a plastic kitchen container and cut two holes in the sides so I could run a branch through them. They sit on the branch and can't get out of the small container. Nothing fancy

So.. for those wondering about what an 11 month old Parson eats.....

5 - 2" silkworms
5 - full size crickets
3 - 1 1/2" long dubia roaches.

two items dusted with straight calcium, one item dusted with Repashy calcium and medium D3.

.....and that was just for today. :eek:

Ralph do you have time for a second job? sounds like Atlas likes to eat.:D

I am glad it is going so well. More pictures are good just a HINT!!!!

Ralph do you have time for a second job? sounds like Atlas likes to eat.:D

I am glad it is going so well. More pictures are good just a HINT!!!!

The first picture is titled "Before"

The second is titled "After"

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 230
Back
Top Bottom