The Thirst Quencher, or lack thereof

DawnLove

Alrighty...so I see my girl drink sometimes, but it's pretty rare, I mean, she must be more thirsty than this!

In the petstore ::tisk tisk:: they told me that she drinks out of the water fountain, which is why we purchased one intially, now its in a tank below her cage, and blocked off from her access, or any bug access...also incapable of getting any wastes in it. She doesn't seem to be too keen on the leaves idea..She eats with absolutely NO problem, she was even hand feeding after having her no more than 2 days at that time. In order for her to drink water, its like I have to find the spot she is in at that moment, and drip some next to her...

Any clues as to what I can do, I'd hate for her to get dehydrated! We constantly mist her enclosure, and she has her drip cup with a VERY large leaf that is easily accessible. hmph :(

Her big drinking leaf in the rear, with a drip cup below it...and her feeder dish next to it...
cage4.jpg

Last edited:
You can convert that waterfall pump "Not the waterfall", into a mini, Timed fitration system?

?? Oh do explain what you mean by this?

We've sort of been doing something like that I suppose.....it's off to the side of the 20 gallon aquarium below her fresh air habitat....we pour small amounts of water each day in it, so that it is fresh water each day to help increase humidity til we have other means of doing so. It seems to help, when it's not running the levels seem to drop.

She may be drinking when I dont notice it, but she usually seems so hesitant, maybe it's cause Im SO used to our guinea pigs and dog going through water like it gonna be their last drop on earth...

Im from one of the driest annual places in a Chameleon owners world. So I have invented and came up with cool and unusual ways to get water INTO my Chameleons.
I have to run out for Dinner and Drinks right now. I'll teach you into a good setup when I return tommorow. This system when timed can go for days, and You only need to change the water occasionally per month.

All my Chams don't like drinking when I am around. You can spy on her! If her eyes are rounded (bulged out from her head), she is not dehydrated. Is she a Jackson? I would suggest a timed misting system, they like the humidity. Unless you are McGiver like Sommoner is, contact Marty at Mist King, he will set you up.:D

Ok a kid could set this up. But go for the Mistking if you opt?

Since Some one Only knows of purchasing things that may not apply.

Last edited:
Ok a kid could set this up. But go for the Mistking if you opt?

Since Some one Only knows of purchasing things that may not apply.

LOL okay, you lost me on that one....think Im missing something here..? hmmm :confused:

I'd like for you to teach me your method Titan, if I remember, you have experience with Jackson's right? :)

We are trying to set everything up on a timer now, but we lost the timer instructions...Doh ::smacks forehead::

Back
Top Bottom