Hi everyone,
dose anyone know how good this set up actually is:
http://www.screameleons.com/setup_kit.htm
Some questions about it:
.Do Screameleons ship to the uk?
.Will it last a Veiled all it's life?
.Would it be ok for a veiled chameleon?
.Whats the quality of the cage?
And last but not least would YOU reccomend it?
P.S i know it says it's for Panther Chameleons...

as stated on the page it is only for chameleons 0-8 months old. so it wont last it all its life.

I would recommend this set up for a baby because it will come with everything you need until it is 8-9 months. then you will need to upgrade to about a 2x2x4 foot cage for its adult life. However everything else such as the lighting should last you.

Hi everyone,
dose anyone know how good this set up actually is:
http://www.screameleons.com/setup_kit.htm
Some questions about it:
.Do Screameleons ship to the uk?
.Will it last a Veiled all it's life?
.Would it be ok for a veiled chameleon?
.Whats the quality of the cage?
And last but not least would YOU reccomend it?
P.S i know it says it's for Panther Chameleons...

It is perfect for a juvenile veiled, but an adult veiled would need a 24/24/48 or larger cage. I don’t know if they ship to the UK but i think it would not be worth it with shipping I am sure you can get the same stuff over there.

as stated on the page it is only for chameleons 0-8 months old. so it wont last it all its life.

I would recommend this set up for a baby because it will come with everything you need until it is 8-9 months. then you will need to upgrade to about a 2x2x4 foot cage for its adult life. However everything else such as the lighting should last you.

Hmm...?:confused::confused:My chameleon is coming up to the 5 1/2 month age, so i dont think it woold be worth all the hastle.:confused:

I have used one when I purchased my last panther from them. I got him at 3 months and it lasted until he was 6 months before going into a bigger cage and he was fine in it.

I think it has wonderful benefits for new cham owners as the set up is correct with everything you need....correct lighting, supplements, dripper etc. The only thing I added was live plants.

Its a good set up. If they cant or its too expensive to ship to the UK at least you have a good idea on what is needed in basic husbandry and what you will need :)

i picked up my cham and complete cage from them about a month ago at an expo....lol the shoved all the stuff in a glad bag....not to be mean or anything...actully i would rather have it that way...its great i have a 4 and half month old panther in their now and hes fine...just add plants and ur good to go. 5 out of 5 is my rating and it would last your vieled prob till hes 6 months...then switch

May be a typo, but 18" UVB bulb and 24" florescent fixture..?.?..

Better off getting a 2'x2'x4' screen cage from lllreptile.com. They have best prices around on almost everything!

i personally think chameleon supplies are over priced but yea thats a good setup for a juvenile and yes im writing this on my psp

i personally think chameleon supplies are over priced but yea thats a good setup for a juvenile and yes im writing this on my psp

Maybe they are overpriced but for a new unexperienced cham owner they save a lot of time in ordering supplies separately and its in the knowing that you have got the basics covered and covered correctly.

I like the fact that it turns up a few days before your cham so you can set it up and have it ready for your new cham :)

My cham is a sudo-free roaming type. We have a rope running around the room so he can go where he wants and yet still have the comfort of a cage to eat/drink/sleep in. His cage is 18x18x24. He doesn't spend much time in it with his new room wide set-up. And he's under 6 months old still. Do you think I'll still need a bigger cage despite him roaming?

The problem with free roaming (or one of the problems) is that he is not getting enough, if any, UVB exposure, and at 6 months of age he needs that for growing bones. Additionally, if he is used to freedom, cramming hm back into a small cage will not make him happy.

Screameleons

Actually, we price the supplies very aggressively. If you scroll down to the bottom of the link below, you'll see some comparisons with regard to price. Look at the question "How do your prices compare to others? "

http://www.screameleons.com/Setup_Kit.htm

We are the cheapest out of all the major retailers. The main difference is that you get the added convenience of having it all packaged together to our exact specifications.

Another advantage is that it really takes the guess work out of setting up for a new chameleon. We include all the essentials...not the bare minimums. And you also get step-by-step video guides to help you set everything up properly. Watch Video Here.

Another advantage is that we include an automatic misting system. We found that most of our customers worked during the day or went to school. While the drippers work fine, the automatic misting system alleviates many problems associated with drippers and provides hands-free hydration.

Perhaps the biggest advantage is that we now offer a 30 Day Health Guarantee on any chameleon purchased with the new kits.

Overall, I believe that the kit offers exceptional value. Especially when combined with one of our chameleons.

I hope this clears things up.

Vince at http://www.screameleons.com

perfectly said... oh and hey vince its Alex from the whiteplaines expo, the hybrid is doing awsome, i love him, and thanks alot for all the advise/help...these guys are the best bussness in town

Thanks Alex! I hope you and your chameleon are doing good. Feel free to call me if you ever need anything.

Vincent at Screameleons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom